Author Topic: Robo  (Read 8373 times)

Luminaire

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Robo
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:37:06 pm »
I either heard this somewhere, or I just forget it from the game. Is robo, or does he become, prometheus?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 06:08:54 pm »
It's the same guy.  The Mother Brain calls Robo (R-6YY) Prometheus, because he was sent out to study humans as a subject.  It's really jsut another name for Robo.  If you've played Chrono Cross, Prometheus makes a very brief "appearance".

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 07:19:26 pm »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:11:07 pm »
R66-Y is his serial number, Prometheus is the name Mother Brain gave him, and Robo is the name Crono invented (it's one of the only idea Crono actually has by himself).

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 02:17:52 pm »
Oh, and the Prometheus Circuit has nothing to do with Robo... I don't think so, anyway. It's just a "traitor" program Lucca placed in the Mother Brain design, to prevent Mother Brain from going mad again. Once Belthasar contacted her (Which I'm sure he has), he told her the future Mother Brain model would find the Frozen Flame, so she should make some sort of way to stop it from gaining hold of the Flame if she goes mad.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 05:41:59 pm »
Yea. They put a lot of emphasis on Lucca treating Robo as a person. I don't think she'll like, killify him to make a circuit which is basically a password lock, totally WASTING Robo's intellect.

The reason it's called the Prometheus Circuit is probably symbolism if anything. We have the Frozen FLAME, and Prometheus was the Titan that gave humans FLAME! The Prometheus Circuit, which makes it so only the Arbiter can access the flame, is taking the Frozen Flame from FATE (God) And giving it to Serge, a mortal.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 05:58:49 pm »
Well, I guess that's right. Plus, she would call it that because Robo is the first and best AI she's ever met, capable of emotions.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 06:12:44 pm »
True. One thing is clear though. It's impossible for me to imagine Lucca taking her best friend apart, and I'm sure she'd feel guilty about making a duplicate of her IRREPLACABLE friend just to take the duplicate apart for a keylock system.

Schala: Oh no! The Mammon Machine's out of control
Robo: *puts a lock on the Frozen Flame. Mammon Machine is fine and Lavos doesn't awaken*
Schala: Oh...um....I guess that works.
Crono: Yea, I was just gonna chuck a knife at it. WTF was I thinking?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Robo
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 09:25:52 pm »
I don't know if this is correct or not since I learned all my mythology in one semester of school 4 years ago, but I thought Prometheus was NOT a Titan.  I thought he was just a human or demi-god with access to the flame and gave it to humans.  I'll check out the link Sentenal put up.  Or maybe let Daniel Krispin find this and pwn me with his knowledge of everything related to this type of thing.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 01:11:58 am »
Prometheus was a god, (at very least a demi-god, although I'm almost positive a full fledged god) because of his immortality.  The vulture (or whatever it was) came down to eat out his liver every day, and since he was a god, was able to regenerate it every day, before the vulture ate it out again.  Lots and lots 'o pain and sufferin.  :)

Solidstar

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/solid_star_16
Robo
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 10:03:34 am »
Actually he was a Titan.  We just went over the Prometheus story in my philosophy class.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Prometheus was the son of the Titan Japet and the nymph Clymene. I guess that still makes him a (second generation) Titan though.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 01:01:05 pm »
Quote from: Wikipedia
In Greek mythology, Prometheus, or Prometheas ("forethought") is the Titan chiefly honored for stealing fire from the gods in the stalk of a fennel plant and giving it to mortals for their use.

Worship
As a god of fire and craft, Prometheus had a small shrine in the Keramikon, or potter's quarter, of Athens, not far from Plato's Academy.

Myth
Prometheus was a son of Iapetus by Clymene (one of the Oceanids). He was a brother of Atlas, Menoetius, and Epimetheus.

EDIT: Me be Radical Dreamer. ^-^

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Robo
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 03:15:44 pm »
He was a Titan that sided with the Olympians and used his foresight to aid them. He was key to defeating the Titans. But then he did this "Let's give fire to humans and teach them how to decieve the gods." And he got owned.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Robo
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 06:22:46 pm »
Well, The Humans were pretty much his creation. He loved them dearly, and couldn't see them being unwell and animal like. So he had to give it to them. But Zeus being the jealous retard got Hephestus to make Pandora, trick Prometheu's brother and unleash the box, with all the evil things in it.