Poll

Which Prerelease feature would you have wanted in CT?

Singing Mountain & Lost Village
15 (38.5%)
Hover Epoch
0 (0%)
Playable 1999 A.D.
13 (33.3%)
Huge Heckran Cave w/ Whirlpools
0 (0%)
Playable Gaspar
7 (17.9%)
North Palace & Zeal Dungeon
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: August 06, 2005, 04:51:24 pm

Author Topic: Which Prerelease feature would you have wanted in CT?  (Read 5531 times)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2005, 11:02:55 pm »
Signing Moutain, one of the most disspointing things about Ayla (and a reason why she isn't very popular) is that she has no sidequest. I always wondered what Singing Mountain would have encompassed.

beaner 14

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 12:20:17 am »
playable 1999 AD would be friggin crazy, however, wouldnt it need to be somethin along the lines of 1998 AD since 1999 AD lavos comes out and unleashes his power

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 09:08:57 pm »
I had originaly thought playable 1999 just to see the awesome settings and technology, but I also agree it would make the game so simple (unless a plot twist made it impossible for you to do anything about it.)  So I went with Gasper because he'd be pretty damn powerful considering he has the ability to see anything in the planets timeline which would allow him to learn some powerful spells and techs.  

It was kind of negatively reached though, I hated heckran cave also, Zeal was complete, and I don't remember the others.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 09:44:11 pm »
Well it wouldn't necessarily make things simple with the 1999 AD thing...  Sure, you could go to 1999 and warn everyone, but who's really gonna believe you?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 11:14:00 pm »
good point

i'd change my vote now if i had thought of that aspect first.

they could add even more symbolism into the game too (along the lines of the prometheus concept)

there was one woman who predicted the future correctly but no one believed her thinking she was crazy...i can't remember her damn name though. OH! its cassandra. yeeeah........ 8)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 12:08:17 pm »
Well, they could make Lavos' attack take a few hours. You could then go to the Medina, Truce and whatever, and see everyone panicking. You could pick up some new armors and itmes (Maybe an upgrade for Robo\Lucca's weapons?). Maybe a side-quest would be made possible admist the chaos?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 10:05:14 am »
I always imagined lavos' attack in 1999 to be equal to that of an asteroid hitting earth.  It would probably ruin shit real fast, but not kill everything as we see with 2300 AD.  So the speed and power of the destruction would probably depend on the proximity to the eruption.

So, Legend, it might be a stretch to do EVERYTHING you said, not all of it though.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 11:04:21 am »
Quote from: CatchRBFivy
but not kill everything as we see with 2300 AD.  So the speed and power of the destruction would probably depend on the proximity to the eruption.

Hmm, no.

[quote="Director in 1,999 A.D.]DIRECTOR: Take cover in the
   ShelterDome![/quote]

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 01:31:23 pm »
Quote from: CatchRBFivy
good point

i'd change my vote now if i had thought of that aspect first.

they could add even more symbolism into the game too (along the lines of the prometheus concept)

there was one woman who predicted the future correctly but no one believed her thinking she was crazy...i can't remember her damn name though. OH! its cassandra. yeeeah........ 8)

Yes, the Trojan princess Kassandra, I think taken by Agamemnon himself back to Mykenai. Apollo loved her and gave her the ability of foresight. When she spurned him, he turned it to a curse, making it fated that none one believe her. It was she, with Lacoon, that warned against taking the fabled horse into Ilion (sorry, I like this form of Troy better). Lacoon and his sons were devoured by a sea-serpent, and no-one believed her. So the fate of Ilion, beloved of Zeus, was sealed.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 03:36:59 pm »
Actually, I think I've been bs'ing in my answer.  I think the real reason I would want Singing Mountain is mainly because of the song.  For some reason, cut songs from games I'm big on, and I always like to know where they went.  So I would have wanted it implemented somewhere.

As for 1999 A.D., it would be nice to play in it, say Lavos doesn't erupt for awhile, or while his attacks take a long time to do and you can dick around on the world map or whatever.  However, I think that would take away the sense of urgency... then again, they find out about Lavos at the beginning of the game and seem to be taking their friggin time.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 03:54:10 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
they find out about Lavos at the beginning of the game and seem to be taking their friggin time.

They have all the time in the world.