Author Topic: Rainbow Shell  (Read 3585 times)

Drumguy074

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« on: December 08, 2003, 11:41:00 pm »
It has long been my opinion, and I believe that ybrik posted something to this effect at some point, that the rainbow shell is made from some sort of substance (possibly brought by lavos) that was crushed under the weight of lavos when it struck the planet.  The heat from this (and maybe from the planet's core?) combined with the pressure of lavos sitting on it for 65,000,600 years created an incredibly hard substance known as rainbow.  As for the shape, I'll have to get back to you....

D_H_Magus

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 01:59:45 am »
i can add onto drumguys statement about the shape...

if that was the case then, because, if you remember, in the game, lavos was spinning through space, not just flying. so when he hit the ground and plunged to the core of the earth he was still spinning at a high rate. so when the rainbow shell was formed it was in a spiral material because lavos spun into the material.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 03:01:09 am »
Hum I always assume it was some big pre-prehistoric giant snail or crustacee(sp?) shell that had some amgic innate attribute

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 03:24:03 am »
After playing CC, I started to think that the Rainbow shell was like a present from the Earth to the Reptites, or the other way around. It was stored somewhere in the Reptites castle and when Lavos fell on it, it was dug into the Giant Claw.

In 600AD, Crono and co. go to the same place where the Tryno Lair was... Hmm, that would mean that the repitites probably kept it for some reason.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 02:59:34 am »
Quote from: D_H_Magus
i can add onto drumguys statement about the shape...

if that was the case then, because, if you remember, in the game, lavos was spinning through space, not just flying. so when he hit the ground and plunged to the core of the earth he was still spinning at a high rate. so when the rainbow shell was formed it was in a spiral material because lavos spun into the material.

Excellent point about the spinning!  I never though about it, but Lavos could never get that far under the earth's surface just by smashing into it.  The proof are the huge craters from the biggest meteors that have hit earth in all of time (Yucatan for one.)  They are only craters, not holes to the center of the earth.

Lavos' spikes plus lightyears of spinning momentum easily tunnled his way under the earth's surface.  I guess people are wrong saying he "burrowed" when he really "tunnled".

I doubt anyone will care though.  I thought it was interesting though/.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 12:15:03 pm »
None are accurate, really. Didn't he shift into a Pocket Dimension?

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 02:28:20 am »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
None are accurate, really. Didn't he shift into a Pocket Dimension?

Isn't that a theory?

Frog: Left unscathed, it will
   burrow deep within the earth.
   Best to defeat it now!

and

Ayla: Lavos very fast!
   Deep under earth already.

Those both imply that lavos drilled his way through the planet.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 12:48:22 pm »
The Pocket Dimension theory also assumes that the Pocket Dimension is in the core of the planet, so burrowing is involved either way. The only purpose of the Pocket Dimension is to explain Lavos' Time Error.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 05:23:24 pm »
Quote from: Zealian
Combine the ancient Rainbow Shell and the Sun Stone to create incredible weapons and items. But now, only the Guru of Life has the skill. Elemental power usage is forbidden.

From this we know that the rainbow shell has nothing to do with Lavos, since it is elemental power.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 05:27:51 pm »
The Rainbow Shell is a mineral, just like Dreamstone. Combine the Sun Stone (Which harness the greatest source of light, fire, and well, life) with the power of all six elements and viola! You get one of the most powerful swords ever forged, that might even match the Masamune!

Besides, so many Rainbow Shell shards in El-Nido... I'd be the Dragonians had it with them in Dinopolis, but perhaps they just coulden't use them...  Either that, or Trigger's RS got fragmanted...

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 05:34:11 pm »
I'm sure there's more than just ONE rainbow shell.  I don't think the shards in CC are necessarily from a fragmented form of THE raibow shell from CT.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 05:46:16 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
I'm sure there's more than just ONE rainbow shell.  I don't think the shards in CC are necessarily from a fragmented form of THE raibow shell from CT.

Which leads to the idea that the Rainbow Shell shards is in fact the Dragonian Rainbow Shell... FATE bombed Chronopolis, so I guess it would kind of, hmm, blow it to pieces.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 07:19:24 pm »
What about the Sun Stone? :O It's strange how it's like....PERFECTLY ROUND. Kinda suggests it's artificially made. Is it one of a kind? or are there more? >_>

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 07:55:34 pm »
Do we know if the sun stone is a sphere?  Or is it just a round shape that's flat?  (Like a plate)

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 08:39:04 pm »
It doesn't matter. Nothing in nature can be perfectly round. 2d and 3d dimensions is irrelevent.