Author Topic: Rainbow Shell  (Read 3618 times)

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 09:22:49 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
It doesn't matter. Nothing in nature can be perfectly round. 2d and 3d dimensions is irrelevent.

That's not true.  You've never been to a riverbed and picked up a completly circular stone?  It's actually easier to have a circular stone (or at least, rounded) than say, a dodecagonal stone, just cause of how erosion works.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 09:51:23 pm »
What about one with MAGIC POWERS? :P

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 09:58:28 pm »
Actually I found an actual Sunstone in the riverbed next to my house.  It was only charged up for 35 million years though, so I put it back into its shrine to keep charging up.

Beer Pope

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 04:43:08 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
Actually I found an actual Sunstone in the riverbed next to my house.  It was only charged up for 35 million years though, so I put it back into its shrine to keep charging up.

What, you couldn't get anything good out of that?  That's at least enough for a pair of laser pants.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 02:38:42 pm »
Actually I found an actual Sunstone in the riverbed next to my house. It was only charged up for 35 million years though, so I put it back into its shrine to keep charging up.

You bastard, you killed my Son!

Me(Cause I'm a star, babeh): Son of the Sun, I AM your fa-mo....parent.

SoS: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo! Those socks are all wrong.

Lucca: Mmhmm. *snap snap*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Rainbow Shell
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 04:20:52 pm »
Inquiry

What is the origin of the Rainbow Shell?

Theories

Nautilus Compression

JustinS1985

Huge Nautiliuses existed in prehistory, though the Ice Age resulted in their extinction. Nonetheless, a certain shell was held by the Reptites in the Tyrano Lair. When Lavos impacted the planet, the high pressure and temperature of his contact compressed and enriched the shell.

Magic Material

Doctor Shaft

The Rainbow Shell is regular material imbued with concentrated magic. When Lavos impacted the planet, Lavos emanated magic energy while spinning from his meteoric trek; this ground the material into a spiral shape and also gave it magic. The Shiny material of Chrono Cross could be considered similar to this effect.

~

Inquiry

Why is there one Rainbow Shell in Chrono Trigger, yet many fragments in Chrono Cross?

Theories

Shell Split

ZeaLitY

After Porre conquered Guardia, they came into posession of the Rainbow Shell. Given the militaristic state of the world, it befell some accidental fate, possibly involving an explosion, that fragmented it into several pieces. Through the Acacia Dragoons, merchants, and Porre's vested interest in El Nido, these pieces made their way to the islands.

Dragonian Consistency

Legend of the Past

Since Dinopolis is from the Reptite Dimension, perhaps the Rainbow Shell from prehistory in that dimension came to be stored in the Dragonian metropolis. When Chronopolis bombed Dinopolis during the war in El Nido, that Rainbow Shell was fragmented into several pieces around El Nido.