Author Topic: Beating Lavos @ Ocean Palace  (Read 10254 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Beating Lavos @ Ocean Palace
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:45:44 am »
OK, most of us know that when you beat Lavos at the Ocean Palace, you just get an ending that's not really an "ending."  I can't remember if it's the programmers' ending or the sleeping Nu ending, but it's one that shows no storyline.

What would REALLY happen in that ending, if they had made one for it?  What would happen in the story if you had beaten Lavos at the Ocean Palace?

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Beating Lavos @ Ocean Palace
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:35:55 am »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
OK, most of us know that when you beat Lavos at the Ocean Palace, you just get an ending that's not really an "ending."  I can't remember if it's the programmers' ending or the sleeping Nu ending, but it's one that shows no storyline.

What would REALLY happen in that ending, if they had made one for it?  What would happen in the story if you had beaten Lavos at the Ocean Palace?

Zeal: I am so lonely.... So very lonely...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 06:41:16 am »
the whole story/time wud get incredibly mucked up.
the zealian empire would probably reach the same fate as it usually does as they loose their power source, they would loose all their magic.
gaspar would not be gated to the EoT, janus would not be gated to in 600AD, belthesar would not be gated to 2300AD.
the world would live a nice happy life without lavos.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 08:02:06 am »
Zeal floated due to the Sun Stone's energy, and later by Lavos. They could fall back on the Sun Stone, I guess. Therefore, Zeal would remain forever. And Crono might of married Lucca and have very smart punks. X_X

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:28:35 am »
The Zeal empire probably would've had a massivly different fate, although not neccessariky ahve stayed around.  Mainly I'm looking at Queen Zeal.  With Lavos now gone, Queen Zeal would've been defenseless, and I'm sure the prophets and others would have rebelled against her.  Maybe the earth dwellers could've gained equal status?  It's probable a new ruler would've taken Queen Zeal's place.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 10:55:51 am »
The Prophet is Magus. I think you're talking about the Gurus. In a time when Lavos would not exist (If he had not landed), the reptites would be living.
If Lavos was destroyed in Zeal before he destroyed Zeal, then the Queen of have reverted back to her old self, when she was a nice mother person, probably.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:19:33 am »
err yeah i meant gurus not prophets, obviously.  I was just switching two generic terms around, brain fart.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 12:35:58 pm »
As I've been told, in the Japanese version it's not really Lavos' fault that Zeal's insane...she's just like that to begin with...So I don't see how much of anything would change. Zeal would still be in power maybe Schala would stand up to her...But Janus wouldn't be gated, so that's something. But the Gurus wouldn't have been gated again anyways >_> I don't think Zealians Magic goes away when there's no Lavos. I think it fades away genetically...But, if they continued as they did, perhaps the Zealians, even w/o Lavos would simply continue to breed Magic within their own kingdom and would continue to look down on the Earthbounds.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 01:16:57 pm »
well i dont think we could ever know what would happen, the makers couldnt even be bothered to think of the posibilities (or it was just too mind boggling) and created the special ending, i mean imagine of the zeal empire survived all the way to 1000AD, the map would look a whole lot diferent, gaurdia may never have been established, crono, lucca, marle, may never have been born! mind boggling.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 02:13:41 pm »
Yeah, it really could go either way, I guess.  Yes, they might have fallen back on the Sun Stone, but when Lavos' power suddenly disappears, they don't have time to fire up the Sun Stone power source, so Zeal probably still would have crashed anyway.  With no Lavos to gate people out, Schala would still be limited as to which people she would teleport out before the Ocean Palace collapses...  And this time it probably WOULD collapse and kill those inside.  So she'd probably teleport her mother and Janus out, and maybe the Gurus.  She and the others, I suppose, would die...  And beyond that, it's a total crapshoot.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 06:49:08 pm »
The Kingdom of Zeal, let's start there. Queen Zeal is obviously getting her ass booted out of that position, and Schala would take over. Racism fades, and the Earth Dwellers get to chill out in Zeal ^_^ Zeal falls back on the Sunstone cause it's cool like that, Melchior and Janus get to chill out in 12,000 BC, and history would be changed.

600 AD. No Janus, no Magus, no war between Humans and Mystics. Thusly the two races can live in peace. Hopefully Zeal can chill out too. Masamune thusly never breaks and the sword can chill out on it's mountain bachelor pad. Glenn never becomes a Frog and Cyrus never dies.

1000 AD. Not much changes. Um...I guess Zeal can back up Guardia in that Porre invasion stig. Thusly, Masamune remains uncorrupted(?). The Time Crash doesn't occur, and FATE isn't corrupted. Thusly, none of the events of CC happen. Especially since there's no Time Devourer. Thusly Lucca, Serge, and everyone else can live peacefully.

2300: See CT's ending.

Damn, I wish they DID defeat Lavos at the Ocean Palace now.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 07:08:37 pm »
I think the Time Crash would still occur... the Time Crash hapenned as a result of Lavos being defeated, and the original "bad" 2300 going away, and Chronopolis being constructed.

So I believe CC still would ahve hapenned, although slightly differently.  Since the Masamune wouldn't be corrupted (or even found at all, possibly) Radius would've never killed Garai, so no trip to isle of the damned, less side quests for Karsh and Dario, Riddel, that whole crazy family, etc.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 07:08:42 pm »
Not to go off topic, but I think there might be some holes in your idea. :)

Quote from: AuraTwilight
The Kingdom of Zeal, let's start there. Queen Zeal is obviously getting her ass booted out of that position,

Agreed...
Zeal falls back on the Sunstone cause it's cool like that,

I don't know about that part.  The Sun Stone's "power generator" if you will had been shut down.  Lavos' power vanishes, you MIGHT have about 15-20 seconds to fire up the Sun Stone again before everything goes BOOM.  I imagine Zeal would have fallen anyway, which would have left things about the same in 12,000 BC.

600 AD. No Janus, no Magus, no war between Humans and Mystics. Thusly the two races can live in peace.

No argument there.

The Time Crash doesn't occur,

Wait, what would make us think the Time Crash wouldn't happen?

none of the events of CC happen. Especially since there's no Time Devourer. Thusly Lucca, Serge, and everyone else can live peacefully.

If none of the CC stuff happened (especially if the Time Crash didn't happen), then Serge would never have existed, along with the rest of El Nido...  Oh wait, sorry, yes, he would have existed since he's from outside El Nido, but El Nido itself wouldn't exist.  Of course, that's if the Time Crash didn't happen, but as I said, what makes you think that?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 02:44:52 am »
Why would Zeal get booted if nothing bad ever really happens to Zeal?

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 10:06:03 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Why would Zeal get booted if nothing bad ever really happens to Zeal?

Well the theory is that since everyone now knows that she attempted to basically enslave everyone and become an all-powerful god-like being, the people like Schala, the gurus, an other high up people would've revolted against her, now that she was powerless.