Author Topic: New version Chrono Trigger?  (Read 3086 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: New version Chrono Trigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 06:04:57 am »
This should definitely be moved to the News section.

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?board=93.0

Great find!
The dream of Zeal is alive and well.

I think we should all keep our eyes on "I am Setsuna" as well.

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:32:35 am »
Didn't Kato said something similar awhile back? Or was it someone else?
In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes too high, it's not like this is the first time it's happened.

Personally, I think a movie wouldn't do the game justice, even if you cut all the filler. I'm more inclined towards an animation series, 13 episodes or so, although I don't see that happening either, unless it's paired with a new entry in the series.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »
I don't remember Kato saying that, but someone did I'm sure.

Honestly, after the completion of FFXV and the FF7 Remake, I am hoping that Sakaguchi (who is on-board for the FF7 Remake) will try to pitch the idea again for something Chrono-related. I believe it will all fall upon the success of FF7 that will enable this mindset of SE to go back to previous iconic IPs of the nes/snes era.

Secret of Mana comes to mind...

My hopes are roughly in the middle, because I can't tell you how many hardcore fans of FF7 that I've met who were on both sides of the aisle - those wanting the game to stay in the PS1 era, and those who wanted it to be remade - but both sides were so passionate about having the game come back in some form regardless.

An animated series might be nice, though I'm not sure how they would handle Crono's voice; whether to keep him a silent protagonist or actually have him voiced by someone.

I have been hoping for Chrono news since 2006 when I first joined this site.
We got CT DS which was damn good, but the real dream of a sequel/remake is still out there.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 11:14:42 am »
CC at to ds?

I know that not happen...

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 04:37:04 am »
Didn't Kato said something similar awhile back? Or was it someone else?
In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes too high, it's not like this is the first time it's happened.

Personally, I think a movie wouldn't do the game justice, even if you cut all the filler. I'm more inclined towards an animation series, 13 episodes or so, although I don't see that happening either, unless it's paired with a new entry in the series.

I agree. CT is very episodic (as seen in save file names), so it would work much better as a short anime series.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 05:50:31 am »
Yeah... wery... and it can be follow differents road than player... ( and if tat was Anime there at lot of filler and first season we only seen at Crono and Marle meet and Marle... y know... )

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 07:01:04 pm »
F*ck SquareEnix and f*ck it's abandonment of the Chrono property.

Okay, not really. After all, we owe SE for the masterpiece that is Chrono Trigger to begin with. But I digress.

I dreamt last night that there was a "remake" of Chrono Trigger coming out. It was called Chrono Trigger / Alter. The logo was the standard Chrono Trigger logo, but it had a straight line under the logo and in another font the word 'Alter' - as in to alter the original original version of Chrono Trigger.

The 2.5d perspective was still used for the world and level design, and the level/world graphics were largely a 1:1 recreation, only the tiles were larger, more detailed, and higher-res.

The characters and NPCs, however, were completely reworked and now more of a pixel-based Chrono Cross look in regards to character ratios. Even their movement reminded me of Chrono Cross' character model movements. It was a more realistic take on Toriyama rather than modern 3D Dragon Quest character art.

The game also now had various combat modes. The original Chrono Trigger on-the-world ATB version (with no transition to a battle scene) was standard, but it also offered two new combat options.

The first was a based version more akin to traditional Final Fantast games; touching an enemy in the world led to a transition to a battle arena where the battle was a turn-based (no ATB) side-view battle.

The second option also transitioned to a battle arena when touching an enemy on the world map, but this time it was a 3D action RPG battle that was more akin to Star Ocean or the Tales series. The player controlled one character at a time while AI controlled the other two. I also remember them showcasing that characters had to be beside each other to initiate dual or triple techs.

Last, the game included the Dream Devourer ending linking it to Chrono Cross, but it also offered "a new chapter" of story content that was advertised as several hours of gameplay. It was late-game content that not only better linked Chrono Trigger to Chrono Cross, but also supposedly sprinkled the seeds for a new Chrono game. My dream never showed any of this new content; only a single flash taking place at Lucca's house.

I apparently woke up immediately after the dream, and it was obviously both vivid and fresh on my mind. However, I was sorely disappointed that it was just a dream. I'm a mid-30's man, dammit, I shouldn't have such an emotional response to video games from my childhood!

Anyway, that was a my dream. Disappointing it isn't real!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 07:04:21 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 07:52:42 pm »
Or in the end are you just a bowling ball dreaming your a plate of sashimi?