Author Topic: Why would Serge and Kid get married?  (Read 20690 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 06:27:32 pm »

Magus living is canon. Lucca's letter is written as if he were alive, which is indicated by two things:

1. First and foremost, she refers to him as Janus, and since they never did that during the original Trigger journey, we can presume that not only did he live, but he kept in contact with them and eventually mellowed out a bit, becoming more like his Radical Dreamer version, Magil.

2. She also mentions that he might have already found Kid, which also suggests he is alive and still searching for Schala.

You have the option to kill Magus, but it is canon that he joins you. Think about it this way: why give the option at all if his death were canon? Surely if his death were canon it would make far more sense to not allow him to join you. It'd be like having General Leo from Final Fantasy VI join your party after he was killed.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 06:55:52 pm »
I rest my case.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18:53 am »
Alright, then maybe it's not canon. But still, wouldn't it be strange for the more newly Chrono players? I mean, we all know the finest details about the games, but imagine someone never heard of the game and sees it in the store and thinks "That looks nice." And he kills Magus in his game without ever knowing he would have joined him if he let him live. Then for that person, it would be very weird to see Magus/Janus in a sequel...

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2007, 09:47:26 am »
Not anymore weird than someone reading A spiderman comic in the official canon then picking up a copy of Ultimate Spiderman, these things happen all the time.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 03:54:03 pm »
Alright, then maybe it's not canon. But still, wouldn't it be strange for the more newly Chrono players? I mean, we all know the finest details about the games, but imagine someone never heard of the game and sees it in the store and thinks "That looks nice." And he kills Magus in his game without ever knowing he would have joined him if he let him live. Then for that person, it would be very weird to see Magus/Janus in a sequel...
Irrelevant. Magus living is canon, regardless of how confused a player may be about the situation.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2007, 09:26:13 pm »
should the not make Magus live, just to make confused players happy?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2007, 02:49:33 am »
I guess, but you can count off on your fingers, if Chrono Break is ever released, Janus/Magus will certainly have a role in it.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2007, 12:19:47 pm »
This might be out of topic but if Magus joins Crono's group, how did Frog manage to change back to his human form?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2007, 02:34:03 pm »
This might be out of topic but if Magus joins Crono's group, how did Frog manage to change back to his human form?

Magus eventually mellows out a little after the death of Lavos, as we can surmise by his willingness to be referred to as Janus by Lucca. As such, we can presume that eventually he decided to turn Frog back into a human.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »
As such, we can presume that eventually he decided to turn Frog back into a human.

Well isn't Magus a Gentalman. *sarcasim*

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2007, 03:28:31 pm »

Well isn't Magus a Gentalman. *sarcasim*
Actually, in Radical Dreamers he turned out to be quite the gentlemen indeed. Now, this is an alternate universe type of Magus, but it's about all we've got to go on when it comes to his personality, so while I doubt it would go as far as it did in Radical Dreamers, he might turn out to be somewhat of a gentleman, at least.

Consider how he would have turned out had he not dealt with what he dealt...he'd be a much nicer man, that's for certain, if his sister is anything to judge by.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2007, 04:15:55 pm »
           Well, Magus is both a jerk, and a nice person. A truly wicked being would not care for his sister. You have to realize that a lot of Magus' earlier wicked actions were to keep up an image for Ozzie and the Mystics. If he was nice he'd not be convincing, right? He got rid of them later, but being a jerk was still part of his personality, but that wore out eventually. Not to mention he may not be totally sane from the life he has led. :P
           About the guy in the picture, it is most likely Serge due to the concept art, but why would they hide his upper face? They could have made him Janus at the last moment due to having taken Magil out of the game. Schala gave Janus an amulet, and obviously cared very much for him as well, so it would be sad if she only looked for Serge and forgot all about her little brother. Also, the clothing is described as a Ceremonial cloth, right? Does that make him the groom, or just a person attending her wedding?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2007, 05:49:07 pm »
If this doesn't prove Kid's love for Serge, I just don't know what will.

GuruOfGaming

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2007, 08:53:48 pm »
that seems more like casual flirting to me, but i guess its here willingness to such things that dose prove that theres a spark there. maybe not love (though if i remember correctly more obvoius evidence is present later in the game) but a spark. besides shes the female lead and hes the male lead having them paired off is typical romantic writing, but thats besides the point, throughout the game i think a closesness does become evident.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2007, 06:59:01 pm »
Yeah, cause compliments mean true love.