Author Topic: Why would Serge and Kid get married?  (Read 20781 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2005, 09:55:54 am »
Then wouldn't Dinopolis and Chronopolis still be fighting to this day? O_o and after like, almost 10,000 years, someone has to give.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2005, 10:22:45 am »
All depends about the future. It's all about what time line your in. For Serge, his past still exists. Like the past of his world, the information about FATE and Chronopolis versing Dinopolis. But because in the future of the world, there probably won't be a Chronopolis, there will end up being a different future, but the past history will be the same.

I sometimes think that El Nido is almost inside a pocket dimension Oo

Also, I think that Dinopolis might still be in it's own dimension. That's way to cruel. In a dimension where Dinopolis doesn't get sent into another dimension.

God dam, the Entity is so powerful that it can teleport huge area's to another dimension. Then it's almost as the Reptite dimension should be connected to Home or Another because it is the missing piece.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2005, 12:15:27 pm »
Connected as in, "You could access it like you could Another and Home world via Angelus Errare?". Because that would be strange, seeing as Home and Another were parallel, but the reptite is completely different.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2005, 12:26:07 pm »
All depends about the future. It's all about what time line your in. For Serge, his past still exists. Like the past of his world, the information about FATE and Chronopolis versing Dinopolis. But because in the future of the world, there probably won't be a Chronopolis, there will end up being a different future, but the past history will be the same.

That causes a paradox that FATE was trying to prevent. If it doesn't exist in the future, it doesn't exist in the past. Deal with it. No Chronopolis built in the future? NO EL NIDO!

Also, I think that Dinopolis might still be in it's own dimension. That's way to cruel. In a dimension where Dinopolis doesn't get sent into another dimension.

Woah, the power of the Chrono Cross didn't extend THAT fat >_> Not to mention Dinopolis became one of El Nido's islands, it has to remain there. The backstory of Chrono Cross (game) has to remain the same for everything to work out.

FATE has to exist, like it or not. If it doesn't people wander from El Nido and bork up time, keeping Chronopolis from being built, thus El Nido is never terraformed etc., causing a dangerous paradox that could destroy the timeline Oo; It's why Serge being the Arbiter was so damn dangerous. Once the Time Crash happens, fine. FATE can shut down because it's past self just got sent....to the past. So yea.

Nobody cares about the Dragon Gods, they can die without borking up time. But the war has to happen atleast.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2005, 06:41:27 pm »
But FATE is destroyed.... If FATE exisits again after the dimensions reunite, then Serge will yet again be killed. And this will cause a forever loop.

FATE is destroyed. In both Dimensions, it'd dead. Once the Dimensions reunite, there will be no FATE. Maybe a fake projection, but no real Fate. Chronopolis also had TTI probably. So WTF? There will be no new Chronopolis in the future. But Chronopolis would still exist in the past because this did happen. But from the moment Serge destroyed the TD, there is no new Chronopolis. Belthasar doesn't need to look for Schala, no need for project Kid etc.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2005, 07:19:54 pm »
But FATE is destroyed.... If FATE exisits again after the dimensions reunite, then Serge will yet again be killed. And this will cause a forever loop.

No. >_> Because if Serge never becomes the Arbiter, FATE has no incentive to kill him.

FATE is destroyed. In both Dimensions, it'd dead. Once the Dimensions reunite, there will be no FATE.

Doesn't matter. Here's how I look at it. Schala was freed, erasing her influence from the DBT on the timeline. Thusly, no Kid, no Magnetic storm. No magnetic storm, no Arbiter. No Arbiter, Chrono Cross never happens. Buh doy.

Chronopolis also had TTI probably. So WTF? There will be no new Chronopolis in the future.

If Chronopolis isn't going to be built in the future, then everything FATE was working for (self-preservation) is a waste. If TTI keeps FATE from poofing if Chronopolis isn't built, then it didn't have to waste it's time manipulating El Nido with the Records of Fate to preserve itself and the timeline.

Arkard

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2006, 08:41:17 pm »
Hi there, new member here.

I posted here first, even if it is an old topic because I think I can answer the question about the clothes the two figures are wearing in the photos. That is, I can translate what is written besides the two images of Serge and Kid wearing them in Missing Piece.

Well, at least I can translate the important part, but not everything due to the size and low quality of the scans provided in the links posted in this very topic , in page 2.

Under the picture where Kid wears the dress (at the right of Kid sitting with the dress just like in the portrait) says:

"Uedingu Doresu ni mi wo kuronda Kid" (Kid dressed in her wedding dress). As you can see the book clearly states it is a wedding dress. It continues on telling something about Kid but I can not see the kanji characters very well in those scans. It's something about her feelings or something like that.

Below Serge's portrait is written: "Reifuku wo mattota Serge" ("Serge in ceremonial dress"). The next, last sentence I can't read very well because of the same reasons as above. However it seems like it only describes a part of the clothes.

I still don't think there is any solid answer to this topic but after reading that I am little more inclined towards one answer now.

Joe000

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2007, 03:04:04 am »
Why would Serge and Kid get married?  Why wouldn't they?  It's clear from the game they are in love with each other.  To me, that's what Chrono Cross is: a love story.  The thing is, once everything is said and done, we only get to see the beginning of their relationship, because by destroying the Time Devourer it was as if everything that happened throughout CC never actually occured.  So, we see Kid/Schala standing there on what I assume to be Opassa Beach in a white dress (when I watched this again, it just all the sudden clicked to me that this was Kid/Schala, and not one or the other.  The clue to me was the hair.  Her hair is down like Schala, and yet she has a long ponytail like Kid.  That sealed the deal for me), staring out into the ocean.  So at the end of the game, we are at the beginning of Serge and Kid/Schala's relationship, despite everything they've gone through.  It kinda works out funny that way, but I think it's great ;p  Kato said something similar in an interview I read on this site, that Kid and Serge at the end of the game begin their "true journey" and that CC is an old fashioned "boy meets girl" story.  So I don't think I'm far off when I say CC is a love story.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2007, 09:23:08 am »
That's right, Serge and Kid are meant for each other. After Lynx' attack on Hermit's Hideaway Serge is on Fargo's ship and remembers all his moments with Kid...

Also Kid obviously shows she has more feelings for Serge. And up until today I thought it was Schala in the ending and on the beach. But if that is Kid, it would explain why she has Kid's necklace (you see it in her hand at the end of Radical Dreamers - Unstolen Jewel), plus it means Kid really i searching for Serge.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2007, 06:23:01 am »
That's right, Serge and Kid are meant for each other. After Lynx' attack on Hermit's Hideaway Serge is on Fargo's ship and remembers all his moments with Kid...

Also Kid obviously shows she has more feelings for Serge. And up until today I thought it was Schala in the ending and on the beach. But if that is Kid, it would explain why she has Kid's necklace (you see it in her hand at the end of Radical Dreamers - Unstolen Jewel), plus it means Kid really i searching for Serge.

They make a perfect chemistry I might add...  Although that Kid wouldn't admit it.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2007, 12:39:01 pm »
There's something that bugged me...

Some of you said it could be Magus on that picture next to Schala....

But it couldn't be him. Actually, he couldn't appear in CC or in any CT sequels at all, because in CT you have the choice to KILL HIM.
So imagine: You played through Chrono Trigger, you encountered Magus and had the choice to fight him or let him join. You decided to kill him since he's such a cocky asshole and never played through CT again. Few years later CC comes out and Magus returns, searching for Schala. WTF?! I killed that bitch.

I'm just pointing this out to say Magus can't appear anymore, because some players of CT have killed him and didn't know any better. It might also be for this reason that they removed Magus from CC, and reformed him to Guile.

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2007, 02:26:11 pm »
Magus is mentioned in Chrono Cross (remember the note Kid reads?), thus pointing towards the ending in which Magus is alive and is searching for Schala. It doesn't matter what path you chose as the canon is determined by the games creators.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2007, 02:59:25 pm »
Magus is mentioned in Chrono Cross (remember the note Kid reads?), thus pointing towards the ending in which Magus is alive and is searching for Schala. It doesn't matter what path you chose as the canon is determined by the games creators.

Yeah he's mentioned, but it's not said he has to be alive. In fact, I think the option is mentioned that he died. And if you kill Magus in CT, isn't that canon?

SolidSnake_8608

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2007, 03:17:19 pm »
I believe the Beyond Time ending with Magus alive is the canon.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2007, 03:55:57 pm »
What do you mean? There was no ending with Magus in CC, and in CT they were only there if you let Magus live.