Author Topic: Why would Serge and Kid get married?  (Read 20689 times)

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 06:30:45 am »
Quote from: Syna
(For the record, I sort of had a 'they got MARRIED? WHAT?' reaction to this too at first, since Serge and Kid just seem like really awesome friends during the game. But those're my favorite couples, anyway, the best-friend type, and that doesn't mean they can't get married.)

i always got the feeling serge loves kid, on one of fargo's boats (cant remember which or when  :( ) he remembers all his moments with kid, when kid is attacking them at the hermits hideaway, serge rushs straught out to see her, it seems obvious to me throughout the game they aint just friends.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:12 pm »
The picture on the desk in the end of CC, apparently. People have mentioned that the clothing they're both wearing is wedding dress. (Indian, I believe it was?)

Ah, yes...the picture...w/the guy who's head we never see...One thing though that I don't understand is how people could think it's Serge! If you look at the picture again, look closely, you'll notice that the person standing has *shock* long hair...like...hmm...What guys that could be connected to Schala have long hair? Take a guess. I've never thought it was Serge and I don't understand why others do.

Quote from: kazmaka
i always got the feeling serge loves kid, on one of fargo's boats (cant remember which or when :( ) he remembers all his moments with kid, when kid is attacking them at the hermits hideaway, serge rushs straught out to see her, it seems obvious to me throughout the game they aint just friends.

Meh...hardly...Serge is basically an emotionless tool (as I've stated before and will probably state many times in the future). It depends on how you play as well. I always thought that he wouldn't want Kid around as a way to make it so his prophetic dream wouldn't come true. This would also explain his frustration (as Lynx) when Dark Serge finally does stabber Kid.

I'm not sure about the Fargo's boat thing...I just remember when he dreamed about getting fucked up by the panther demon after Fargo poisons you...

And yeah, when someone who used to be your friend starts attacking, I think it's an obvious response to go out and see wtf is up...Especially since she was like under Dark Serge's spell (/her own nutso amped up revenge trip)...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 01:12:09 pm »
i dunno, i just cant see serge not having feelings for kid, it just doesnt work for me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 01:31:42 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
The picture on the desk in the end of CC, apparently. People have mentioned that the clothing they're both wearing is wedding dress. (Indian, I believe it was?)

Ah, yes...the picture...w/the guy who's head we never see...One thing though that I don't understand is how people could think it's Serge! If you look at the picture again, look closely, you'll notice that the person standing has *shock* long hair...like...hmm...What guys that could be connected to Schala have long hair? Take a guess. I've never thought it was Serge and I don't understand why others do.

The guy doesn't have long hair. In Missing Piece he clearly has Serge's emotionless face and wears his trademark scarf. Plus the drawing is on Serge's page... Someone really have to translate what's written next to it though, to confirm if his clothes are wedding stuff or not.

I believe there was a link to the scans somewhere on the site but I don't remember where.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 04:02:01 pm »
Oh, come on, it's Schala, and it's not a wedding dress. It's a Zealian dress, right beside her is a man with long hair, who's a lot taller then she is, who's dressed in formal wear. I would think Janus at long last found her. Or rather, Schala would find him. It would be like her to search for her younger brother... Though he's not younger anymore... ^_^

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 06:25:01 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Oh, come on, it's Schala, and it's not a wedding dress. It's a Zealian dress, right beside her is a man with long hair, who's a lot taller then she is, who's dressed in formal wear. I would think Janus at long last found her. Or rather, Schala would find him. It would be like her to search for her younger brother... Though he's not younger anymore... ^_^

Agreed.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 09:44:39 pm »
I actually thought it was Janus too, at first, until someone said they'd translated it. I'll see if I can find out who said it.

(I kind of wish it was Janus. I mean, nothing against Serge and all, but the lack of Janus in CC was freaking annoying. >_>)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 11:51:02 pm »
What page are you talking about? I have Missing Piece, and can scan it for clairification.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 02:36:53 am »
Doesn't Missing Piece simply have some concept art? I know that a concept art of Serge kind of looks like the headless man, but I think this is obviously changed w/the end product. Someone get a screen capture of the oh so mysterious headless man and I'll show you that he's got long hair...

Syna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 01:09:39 pm »
Yay, it just so happens I downloaded scans of Missing Piece a while back. Here's where they show the concept art of Kid's dress in the photograph, and here is Serge's.

And here is the picture of the photograph. It doesn't look to me like he has long hair - there's a drape behind him. And he does have the exact same clothes as the Serge in the concept art does.

*resists urge to complain about the concept artwork in CC :p*

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 01:14:28 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
What page are you talking about? I have Missing Piece, and can scan it for clairification.

Oh you're my savior. I had the scan but it's not on the computer I'm currently using. The mysterious dude is on a page with black and white concept arts of Serge (there's some arts of Serge with a hood too, and Dark Serge), I think it's some pages before Kid and ''Arf'', and after some pages about ''Radical Dreamers''. Sorry it's pretty vague but if I remember correctly there is only one page with black and white (or blue and white?) sketches of Serge (besides the one used for the status screen) so you'll find it.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 01:26:28 pm »
wow the picture is... very unclear, you dont even see the guys face, how can you tell he has long hair, you cant even see any hair. the girl looks like kid but a good 5 - 10 years older.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 09:20:55 pm »

Clearly long hair...I don't see how you could see it as anything else...Yeah, it's a drape...that just happens to be around his head (you can even see it on the other side...) and just happens to be the same length (more or less?) of a certain person we all know & love (not talking about Serge here).

And like said, those are just concepts. It doesn't mean that they were used in the game, or if they were that they were used in the same manner they were conceptualized for (i.e. the concept costume doesn't have to be on the concept character).

Syna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 09:28:20 pm »
I kind of doubt that Magus could get hair that... big unless he used metric tons of 80s hairspray. But that's just me. It's also way too long for him, IMHO, and there's another drape on the other side...

Also, the guy in the photograph just happens to have the same clothing as the concept art of Serge? I dunno, you're right, that doesn't make it -concrete-, but given the odds I think it's far more likely that it was Serge than Janus, 'specially since they bothered to put Kid's dress on her page..

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005, 11:45:18 pm »
i dont' belive its serge or that its a drape.  They can't seriously be wedding clothes, I agree with whoever (V_T?) said it was zealian clothes.  And also, why would they have to hide serge's face anyway?  That doesn't make sense.  It just gotta be janus