Author Topic: Why would Serge and Kid get married?  (Read 20804 times)

Rabid Joe

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:37:28 pm »
I thought Schala made it so that they would all lose their memories of the adventure?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:55:11 pm »
Serge would, but Schala remembered everything.  I think she still felt for him after the panther demon thing.  Plus, it makes more sense than "Thanks for saving me, now I'll erase your memory and you'll never see me again...loser."  At least we know she didn't abandon him.  I think that was the idea, or something.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 03:15:01 am »
Yes, Schala did erase it because the Dimensions were about to reunit, and she wanted him to have a normal life, be it with Leena. Though, because of the uncertanty of time, Kid may not be created, or may have merged with Schala. But in either case, that spirit of Kid will always be looking for Serge, in any time, in any dimension that's possible... She loves Serge.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:22 am »
Firstly, they'd marry because they love each other. X_X

Secondly, I don't think Kid and Schala would merge. I just can't see how that makes sense. If I'd have a clone, I sure as hell woulden't be hell to merge with him. And don't start with the Chrono Cross, because they're not dimensional doubles. Therefore, Kid would search the dimensions, eventually find Serge. Just like in their first meeting, Serge would fall for her. They'll then marry, and have lots of baby Arbiters! ^_^

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 11:15:28 am »
The point about the merging is that Kid is the missing piece of Schala. Schala wasn't able to sustain her good side, and so she sent out kid. What the Crono Cross does is still unknown. No one knows for sure if it merged Kid with her to get her good side back, or that her good side was remade, and Kid was able to stay herself from now on. The only problem is that when the dimensions split, everyone has to remerge. Since there's 1 Schala, and 2 kids, that can complicate things, even if they're not merging.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:29:46 pm »
No, it woulden't complicate anything. Two Kids merge, we get one Kid and one Schala. There. Any problems? I didn't think so. Plus the fact Serge Kid and (insert party member here) woulden't be affected by the split per say, being as they weren't in the dimension when the CC was activated. Rather, they would go back to the Ideal Timeline, have their memories seal, and their doubles would disappear due to Time Bastard.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 02:21:16 pm »
Perhaps Kid and Schala remained seperate, but Kid was superimposed upon Schala? Like Schala absorbed some of Kid's qualities without subtracting from who Kid is? Kinda like Kid is a newspaper and Schala is silly putty ^_^ So Kid and Serge can live normal lives...due to this whole....crazy thing, and like, yea. Baby Arbiters. Who's powers are useless because the Frozen Flame would lose it's power with the defeat of Lavos?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:07:46 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Perhaps Kid and Schala remained seperate, but Kid was superimposed upon Schala? Like Schala absorbed some of Kid's qualities without subtracting from who Kid is? Kinda like Kid is a newspaper and Schala is silly putty ^_^ So Kid and Serge can live normal lives...due to this whole....crazy thing, and like, yea. Baby Arbiters. Who's powers are useless because the Frozen Flame would lose it's power with the defeat of Lavos?

Maybe. But still, Arbiters! ^_^ Blue hair with a golden streak! ^_^ Oh, and ponytails, too! With an australian accent, wielding Swallows and wearing mail... ~Goes and on and on to infinity~

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 06:18:49 pm »
Now look what you guys did! Jeez, he'll be at it for days.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 06:34:12 pm »
Schala might love Serge too and search for him too.. It did say 'Schala "Kid" Zeal'. We don't know which one want's to go after Serge, maybe both.

Also, if both dimensions merge, Kid might have both sides compasionate and none evil.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:46 pm »
Sigh. This is the part where I prefer the way Radical Dreamers handled this. Kid = Schala = Kid, it's all clear-cut, and Serge and Kid can marry and Janus can be the brother-in-law from hell, and maybe Lucca's still around and they find her too, and it's all one happy kickass family with all my favorite characters in it...

(For the record, I sort of had a 'they got MARRIED? WHAT?' reaction to this too at first, since Serge and Kid just seem like really awesome friends during the game. But those're my favorite couples, anyway, the best-friend type, and that doesn't mean they can't get married.)

That said, there's got to be something to the "Schala 'Kid' Zeal" signature, and frankly, this is one of those parts where Chrono Cross gets nonsensical and convoluted and annoying and so I just go with what I want, which is Kid gets Schala's memories and everything is happy.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 09:11:37 pm »
Ok, call me an idiot (don't really), but I don't understand what would make anyone think they got married...

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 09:35:43 pm »
The picture on the desk in the end of CC, apparently. People have mentioned that the clothing they're both wearing is wedding dress. (Indian, I believe it was?)

I think it was also mentioned in some guide, but I can't remember which.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 11:45:12 pm »
I always got the impression that Kid 'merges' with Schala, bur I couldn't explain why... I think I understand now: my idea is that Schala gives up her consciousness when she creates Kid, and she lives on through Kid. Now that I think about it, I doubt that Schala even MEANT to create Kid; she probably meant to travel to whenever that storm was, but Lavos held onto her dark side, and it left a shell behind.

So, I feel like, accidentally, Schala left her memory behind and started anew with Kid... And the way I think of the 'merging' is that Kid constantly denies being someone else, but once Serge frees Schala, Kid accepts her identity and regains her original body and memory

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 05:32:34 am »
Quote from: Shadow_Dragon
I always got the impression that Kid 'merges' with Schala, bur I couldn't explain why... I think I understand now: my idea is that Schala gives up her consciousness when she creates Kid, and she lives on through Kid. Now that I think about it, I doubt that Schala even MEANT to create Kid; she probably meant to travel to whenever that storm was, but Lavos held onto her dark side, and it left a shell behind.

So, I feel like, accidentally, Schala left her memory behind and started anew with Kid... And the way I think of the 'merging' is that Kid constantly denies being someone else, but once Serge frees Schala, Kid accepts her identity and regains her original body and memory

Whoa, that made sense! Really, I like this theory!