Author Topic: Why would Serge and Kid get married?  (Read 20687 times)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Why would Serge and Kid get married?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 11:52:36 pm »
The area circled in red simply does not look like hair.  It's something in the background.

Clearly, the man's costume was originally designed for Serge, but that only reflects the artist's original intent.  Just as Guile was planned to be Magus, yet simply is not, this unnamed figure might not be Serge.

Honestly, I think the fact that the figure's face is obscured means that we are NOT supposed to know who it is.  In other words, there is no "correct" answer, unless or until Kato answers the question for us.

That said, my money is on Magus.  As was stated above, the manner of dress seems to jive with Zeal.  The design may be based on Indian wedding costume, but since no indication of a marriage is given in the game itself, I think that claiming this is a "wedding picture" is a little ridiculous.

Besides, consider this.  Why would Schala be writing about searching for Serge in her diary if she already found him and they got married?  No, I really think it's either Magus or some unknown and totally unimportant (to us) person, like a servant, perhaps, in the picture with Schala.

OdF

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 12:39:58 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: SilentMartyr
What page are you talking about? I have Missing Piece, and can scan it for clairification.

Oh you're my savior. I had the scan but it's not on the computer I'm currently using. The mysterious dude is on a page with black and white concept arts of Serge (there's some arts of Serge with a hood too, and Dark Serge), I think it's some pages before Kid and ''Arf'', and after some pages about ''Radical Dreamers''. Sorry it's pretty vague but if I remember correctly there is only one page with black and white (or blue and white?) sketches of Serge (besides the one used for the status screen) so you'll find it.

Looks like someone beat me to the punch, which is good, cause I am extra lazy today.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 08:31:37 am »
It's not zealian. It may look like it, but it's not. It's something more regal around 1000AD.
If you look at the Zealian sprites clearly, the dress is different, longer too. The men have blue furish thingies and the jackets have alot of white on them. That picture is darkened, which means that the area is dark too. Besides, Why the hell would Kid marry Magus? Eew...

That diary is based on the Diary read in RD. It starts off with the grandchild of Serge reading it, explaining how Serge loved Kid, etc.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 08:38:51 am »
erm zaper i think they made the point they thought it was more of a family picture, with janus and schala, living in zeal presume after the affects of lavos and queen Zeal.
but i dont see how the female is schala, it definetly looks like kid and kid doesnt look like schala, but that would then assume that kid and schala did not merge after, erm after you guys think they merged, so either they didnt merge, or that is schala after all, or maybe its someone completely diferent, but i guess thats not likely.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 11:54:04 am »
The stuff circled in red is just a drape at the left of the window (or door or whatever) behind, there's another drape at the right of it. It's also too blurry to be hair (compare with Schala/Kid's hair), and more curved than any hairstyle could get (unless that person is Luccia...).
Quote from: Oswego del Fuego
Besides, consider this.  Why would Schala be writing about searching for Serge in her diary if she already found him and they got married?  No, I really think it's either Magus or some unknown and totally unimportant (to us) person, like a servant, perhaps, in the picture with Schala.

She's not writing anymore, just reading it. And how could it be someone else than Serge actually? The whole diary was about Schala/Kid's aventures with Serge, and right after reading the last pages saying ''we'll see each other again Serge'', we see a photograph of Schala/Kid together with *someone*.

After all those writings about Serge in the diary, if the guy isn't Serge it would make as much sense as seeing the words ''the fall of Guardia'' during the scene with Lucca and baby Kid in FFChronicles, instead of during the fall scene...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2005, 12:46:43 pm »
well thats pretty decisive, with that evidence i challenge anyone to find an idea that makes more sense.

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2005, 01:26:02 pm »
Sorry, I don't buy it.  If it's supposed to DEFINITELY be Serge, then why not show the person's face?

Clearly, we are not supposed to know either way.  If we were, then, they'd make it possible for us to know.   :P

OdF

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2005, 02:36:09 pm »
btw, does the picture more or less fill the screen? i mean to say, is it at all posible that the centre focus of the picture is the lady, and so the guy is just too tall to fit it, maybe they tried doing one where it did show the face, but it didnt look right, so they just missed that bit, any chance?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2005, 01:24:34 am »
Quote from: Syna
I kind of doubt that Magus could get hair that... big unless he used metric tons of 80s hairspray.

I might have considered something like this myself, but, then again, I didn't think it'd be possible for Schala to have blonde hair...nor did I imagine that Glenn would look retarded in his human form (as in the new CT ending in FFC). New character designer, new looks for the characters.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2005, 02:45:19 am »
*shrug* I still think, given the odds, it's much more likely Serge than Janus. (Who has to settle for a mere mention in Lucca's letter... sigh.) Still, until someone translates and gives us proof, it's not canon.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2005, 05:15:52 am »
Exactally.

TepesX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 08:17:05 pm »
I'd like to believe it was Serge in there, but hey, I'm a hopeless romantic!

:o

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2005, 02:26:38 am »
I just can't bring myself to think it's Serge... If there'll be no CB, then Janus finally finding Schala would be such a fitting end to the saga.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2005, 05:35:54 am »
That'd be kind of stupid. Schala going "I'll find you. In any time, in any dimension, count on it mate." and then a picture of her and Janus... It seems out of place, since the picture appears right when the diary ends (which is either written from Serge's point so its about him, or from Schala).

CC is basically what we see what happens when the dream team isn't united >.< So many plotholes.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2005, 07:23:00 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
That'd be kind of stupid. Schala going "I'll find you. In any time, in any dimension, count on it mate." and then a picture of her and Janus... It seems out of place, since the picture appears right when the diary ends (which is either written from Serge's point so its about him, or from Schala).

CC is basically what we see what happens when the dream team isn't united >.< So many plotholes.

Yeah. Let's cease this argument and each go to his own way, believing what we want.