Author Topic: Chrono Сross Modification  (Read 36579 times)

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Сross Modification
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2016, 08:32:33 pm »
I would like to ask, once the Battle system has been fixed/tweaked, and the story has been modified, would it be possible to add a hard mode to the game? One that is a separate setting within the game?
With the difficulty level I want to provide, I guess you would propose an "easy mod" instead. :3
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:42:56 pm by Danetta »

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »
Anything to provide more playability to the game!

It still stinks that remixes of Chrono Cross can't be put in like the orchestra hack of Chrono Trigger. Who knows? Maybe once the battle system and the story is revamped, would figuring out Square's weird format for music be that high in difficulty? It would be an interesting find if they used the same system in other PS1 games at the time.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2016, 12:44:01 am »
I think CC's original music quality is good enough. Perhaps orchestra version won't make it better, and usually you need to fix looping problem.

Edit*
I think I saw some thread about importing music from FF8, can't find it right now though.

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2016, 11:20:57 am »
I did say like the orchestra hack, didn't I? I have heard over 500 remixes of all three Chrono games. Some I have, others I don't. For Cross, I have heard remixes, actually more like remakes, of the game's songs that sound more "full." Remakes that sound more well rounded, without having anything altered like a remix.

I am not saying I don't like Cross's music, I love it more than Trigger. I just though it would be interesting.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 05:50:29 pm »
The Cross music format is known to be similar to other Squeenix RPGs of the era (FFVIII, FFVII to some extent, possibly Xenogears). I think the FFVIII music thing was a direct byte transplant.  qhimm.com's music player for FFVIII might yield some way of extracting some data.  Or not.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2016, 07:37:04 am »
Well, it seems cc uses same format for both sound effects and music. If there is a working music player, at least we can rip some sounds.

I tried PSound.
It can open those minst files(samples) without a problem.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:05:34 pm by utunnels »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2016, 08:58:08 am »
Nope. Serge doesn't have nod and shake animations.
I guess the animations are in the room itself, for example, maybe Cape Howl when he meets Karsh?
Head rotation can be controlled via fieldscript. It is operator FE 53 XX XX YY YY ZZ ZZ (SET_CHARACTER_HEAD_ANGLE in yaz0r decompiler).
https://youtu.be/ombuNP_0Vx8

Sorry I forgot many informations about animations.
Alfador was correct, each character has a set of standard animations including node and shake.
https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Cross_Player_Character_Overworld_Animation_Files.html

It is just the files listed in that wiki page are not standard .anim files. They are actually .cpt files (so I edited the page). The first section is a .anim file, the second section is of the same format as the data behind animations in a .mdl file.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:12:25 am by utunnels »

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 04:58:55 am »
Nothing new ?

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
Nothing new ?
I'm a little rest from Chrono cross :) Now bear all the project files in a single-disc version, because two disks are no longer comfortable working

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2017, 04:32:13 pm »
Since the majority of the holidays are over, may we have an update as what we may look forward to this year? I heavily interested in this mod. :) I would really like to play this on my PSP 3000 if I knew it did not freeze up after the first boss.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:26 am »
How's the Kid blue hair patch progressing? CD2 availability yet?

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2017, 06:30:28 am »
How's the Kid blue hair patch progressing? CD2 availability yet?
Sorry for not having replied. I put single disk version(https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=10836.msg224698#msg224698), I will make a patch for it.

LoneStrider

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
Just discovered this place, and this project you're doing. How does one go about playing with your mod, and keeping up to date with it. Also is there something or things like this for trigger also. Thanks for doing something like this btw.