Author Topic: Chrono Сross Modification  (Read 36573 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Сross Modification
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »
For those that were with you at Fort Dragonia (except Kid), are you planning for them to get thrown in the vortex with Serge ?
I'm not sure yet how it will be combined with the storyline. But actually we think about it.

Well, Lynx could adopt a "leave no witnesses behind" mentality and banish them alongside Serge.

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »
And finally, are you planning to make it so that after the bodyswap, the portrait when serge "speak"(when you have to make a choice) is this instead of default lynx portrait :
What choice can't do, because the portrait settings are stored in each level separately. 

What do you mean by "What choice can't do" ?  :?

Anyway, I'll replay the game later and show you what I mean by switching the portrait when you are lynx in-game (it's especially something that would be important I think, at least as a bugfix, as the second portrait, that is in the game file but not used, show a more compassionate face, and many characters mention that Lynx don't act or look his usual way, since it's serge in Lynx Body).

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2016, 01:43:14 pm »
What do you mean by "What choice can't do" ?  :?
My English is bad  :oops:
I mean impossible to give the player a choice portrait. Just replace it easy, but I'm not sure that this portrait better

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »
Sorry, I meant replacing it for when serge is in lynx body.

From what we know, they intended to use this portrait for serge when he is in lynx body, as a way to show how different he is from lynx. Note that I don't know if Lynx NPC and Lynx PC are treated differently in-game or are treated as the same character (after the dragonia fort fight, serge still use a swallow while in Lynx body, so I suspect that they are treated as differents characters, but i'm really not sure about it since I never did plunge in the game files)

AFAIK, portrait are only used for serge/lynx when you have to make a dialogue choice since he is a silent protaganist, but that would be a nice way to show the change between serge and lynx (and actually, that portrait was in the game files, just not implemented, either by accident or other)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:49:19 pm by Rookie_One »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
Is it possible to change the music that plays in game? Not necessarily add new music, but, for instance, have a different song play during some battles?

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2016, 01:44:35 pm »
Is it possible to change the music that plays in game? Not necessarily add new music, but, for instance, have a different song play during some battles?
Yes and it's already being implemented.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2016, 10:33:43 am »
Awesome. I can't wait to see more of the changes you'll make.

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »
Well, I haven't yet started a big discussions here, only tried a bit on gamefaq.

Let's go on.
We currently have some problems with ideas.
Chrono Cross has just an amazing quantity of bosses and enemies, so creating a challenging, interesting, unique logic (with replayability) for everyone with avoidance of using linear patterns is an issue.

Another thing is elements, they are just almost the same, only animations and numbers are actually different. One way to change it is shifting power of elements from raw stats to status effects which are almost unused in original game. That is, originally none of enemies can't provide an "Asleep" status effect, with exception of Hi-Ho Tank' "Element Shot".

Share your thoughts about it.

P.S. Resistance and immunities to effects will be partially removed from bosses.
So, boss instead of having total immune to some statuses will try to avoid them or purify himself from negative effects, etc.

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 10:06:33 am »
Nice, really looking toward these gameplay changes  :D

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2016, 03:59:03 pm »
I added to debug room easter egg from Chono Trigger  :D Debug room is almost ready, will soon I post a separate mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BwZaHZwd64
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:07:34 pm by prizvel »

Rencarnate

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 11:14:54 am »
Pretty good work guys, i would like to see new content in the game!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:49:36 pm by Rencarnate »

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »
I saw this series of posts, so I decided I had to register and post something.

I got an idea and a question. The idea is about music remixes. Is it possible to stick some music that has the same arrangements, but some "fuller" (like orchestrated remixes) tracks into the game replacing the original, but awesome music? Are you guys also going to put some music into the Time Devourer boss?

This 2nd part is the question. I know guys are trying put the modded game into a (possible) one disc format. I own a PSP-3000. I would like to put this modded game along side the official version I bought off of PSN. Before I bought it, I tried for about a couple months to get it to work on my hacked PSP.

You see the game always freezes after the first boss is defeated after obtaining the Komodo Scales. No matter what I tried, it would always freeze. I have quite a bit of knowledge on PSP Homebrew (not coding anything), so I know of Popsloader. My question is if this mod came to completion, would that freeze up still occur? (Or) have you, or anyone else, ever come across that freeze-up? Thanks for what you guys are doing.

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
I want to know too if the music is changeable or replaceable, and what limitations there are.

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:33 pm »
I got an idea and a question. The idea is about music remixes. Is it possible to stick some music that has the same arrangements, but some "fuller" (like orchestrated remixes) tracks into the game replacing the original, but awesome music? Are you guys also going to put some music into the Time Devourer boss?
Well, Square used it's own music format which is not fully understanded yet.
That is, we can't convert something else to this format, but it's possible to use compositions from some other Square games. However, I don't think they will fit well in Cross theme.

About battle music: I think we hear regular battle music to often and it's worth to change it to something else, even to regular music of location where battle begins. Not for every battle, but for some of them atleast.

What about Time Devourer music — I don't know yet. Should we? Maybe total silence is not a best design choice, but what else could be there? We may discuss every aspect of the game right here, I want to listen every opinion.

This 2nd part is the question. I know guys are trying put the modded game into a (possible) one disc format. I own a PSP-3000. I would like to put this modded game along side the official version I bought off of PSN. Before I bought it, I tried for about a couple months to get it to work on my hacked PSP.

You see the game always freezes after the first boss is defeated after obtaining the Komodo Scales. No matter what I tried, it would always freeze. I have quite a bit of knowledge on PSP Homebrew (not coding anything), so I know of Popsloader. My question is if this mod came to completion, would that freeze up still occur? (Or) have you, or anyone else, ever come across that freeze-up? Thanks for what you guys are doing.

Well. Single-Disk is not a "get at any price" type of choice. The only real negative side of this is PS1 which can't handle 700+ MB image. However, 99% of potential players will still use PC/Android/PSP or any other noname device (like, PSX emulators is available everywhere).

I really don't know about your specific problem. I heard some people experienced disk change issues, which are gone with single-disk, but even on two disks there were workarounds.
Some people definetely played on PSP without troubles, but I haven't this device, so I can't do something for it, can't replicate a problem, can't solve it. Almost nothing changed in real CD and internal systems architecture, so I guess bug will remain even with our modified version of game.

The other workaround is using a savefile right after problematic place if it's only one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:48:17 pm by Danetta »

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 01:13:12 pm »
What about Time Devourer music — I don't know yet. Should we? Maybe total silence is not a best design choice, but what else could be there? We may discuss every aspect of the game right here, I want to listen every opinion.
I think it's best to leave it as it is, that was the intended way, I assume because of the DBT itself. Silence is perfect for desolated atmospheres and emotional scenes if you know where and when to do it, and I think they nailed it. Besides, there's the Chrono Cross thing, it wouldn't make sense if there's music already.