Author Topic: Chrono Сross Modification  (Read 36584 times)

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Сross Modification
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 02:48:56 pm »
Patch changes the hair color for Kid. Let's call it the alpha version, because there are still bugs, such as blinking eyes and a not very beautiful hair color. Far only for CD1
http://puu.sh/nX89J/831f0d0317.rar

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:50:47 pm by prizvel »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 07:26:10 pm »
Priz, I could hug you! <3

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:53 pm »
:) 
Schala, Too early, a patch is not complete, I still work on it

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »
The patch, which replaces Wraith in the shadow forest, at Wraith with Ghetz's Shirt (https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Ghetz%27s_Shirt.html)

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-s2yCRyI_5Ib0NONVYzZmk3YlE

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono cross modification
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
Just registered for this, and looking forward to it. I hope it will permit to recruit glenn no matter the choice you make for Kid when she is poisoned
I thought to make possible to get all characters in a single playthrough, but it would be contrary to the system of choice in the game, so these changes are not planned.

Here to me being late answering you

It's a bit of a shame, I would had liked an exception specifically for Glenn(maybe later in game, like after serge exchange body with linx) if you choose to save kid, since he does add  a lot to the story

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »
Here to me being late answering you

It's a bit of a shame, I would had liked an exception specifically for Glenn(maybe later in game, like after serge exchange body with linx) if you choose to save kid, since he does add  a lot to the story

I really thought about it. However, for another reason: Glenn has personal dialog during the battle with Garay. But Glenn can not be in the party at this moment, because he died in Home World in Dead Sea.

Dialog:
Glenn:Father...!?But why...?
Radius:Glenn...This must have beenhard on you...Forgive me.Glenn:......
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:14:49 pm by prizvel »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 12:20:55 am »
Oh really? Had no idea of that. Interesting.

I'd agree that it is a bit of a shame that about Glenn. Though thinking about it, I can see a few ways that could work. Then again, I don't really know much about editing the game, so no idea if those ideas can even be done.

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 11:51:33 am »
Oh really? Had no idea of that. Interesting.

I'd agree that it is a bit of a shame that about Glenn. Though thinking about it, I can see a few ways that could work. Then again, I don't really know much about editing the game, so no idea if those ideas can even be done.
Well, our capabilities are actualy almost endless, so feel free to share your thoughts.
I have a critical attitude to all aspects of the mod-making, but any idea will be heard.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:27 pm »
Hmm... well, let's see...

Well, I saw above the comment about balance, since Glenn is a route dependant character.

I was thinking that perhaps he could become a non route dependant character, either by putting another character in that spot, or also make one of the Save Kid route characters also obtainable regardless of choice. If I remember right, the reason he doesn't join in the Save Kid path is that Serge and company head straight for HW, so he doesn't find someone to lend him a boat to head to Fort Dragonia. And he apparently gives up asking once they do return to AW or something like that.

I would think he can just keep asking for a boat and thus easily becomes a way for him to get recruited after returning from HW. It's not like say, Korcha getting mad at Serge for abandoning Kid, or spending too much time away from HW that Razzly gets eaten (because of this, if a Save Kid character can become non route dependant, my vote would be for Mel). His reason for being route dependant can be applied for both routes without changing much of it.

But well, that is only if he were to be a recruit in both routes.

I could go on, but for now I would like to see what's the opinion of the above first.

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 08:24:34 am »
I Like Acacia Sgt idea.

Myself I think that Glenn should become a character that is not route-dependent.

For the lines, I would not be surprised if in fact, originally, when serge was thrown in the temporal vortex, that the third party member would be thrown in it too, explaining the lines he was supposed to have during the encounter with Garai

Ah yeah, one thing I seen in the wiki was that Lynx has unused portrait that was supposed to be used when Serge was in the body, showing the face with a kinder expression....don't know if it could be implemented though
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:54:43 am by Rookie_One »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 04:22:19 pm »
I Like Acacia Sgt idea.

Myself I think that Glenn should become a character that is not route-dependent.

For the lines, I would not be surprised if in fact, originally, when serge was thrown in the temporal vortex, that the third party member would be thrown in it too, explaining the lines he was supposed to have during the encounter with Garai

Ah yeah, one thing I seen in the wiki was that Lynx has unused portrait that was supposed to be used when Serge was in the body, showing the face with a kinder expression....don't know if it could be implemented though

Speaking of unused text, the script also has dialogue for Luccia during the Viper Manor sequence when rescuing Riddel (specifically, when meeting Grobyc for the first time). And that one is much longer.

Although, I wouldn't know if there originally was the idea of having the party member(s) with Serge at the time of the body swap to also be sent to the Dimensional Vortex with him. Other than that Glenn text, there doesn't seem to be any sort of unused dialogue to suggest that. So the idea was either scrapped before introducing the text to the data, or it wasn't planned like that in the first place. Maybe.

Speaking of, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, to have whatever party members with Serge at Fort Dragonia to be banished to the Dimensional Vortex as well. At least, to me it makes sense. Lynx banishes Serge, takes Kid with him, leaves General Viper for dead... and then he kinda just ignores the other PC('s) after knocking them down. If the intent was to leave no witnesses behind, he did kind of butchered it there.

To me the idea has potential. The Glenn dialogue could be used (and also the Luccia one). And it wouldn't be that much of a change since at most it's just two PC's from the pre-FortDragonia group in each playthrough (and just one PC if Kid was in the party).

Lord Master Grey

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 12:18:02 am »
I can't believe I just found out about this O_O This is amazing!

Do y'all have any plans on Orlha? Specifically, recruiting her earlier (considering she's one of the absolute last characters to join the party).

The only problem I could see would be bringing her to Home Guldove, for obvious reasons.

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 06:44:49 am »
Originally we planned as follows:
Party members who joined before the fort draginia may re-join to Lynx, if you talk to them. Orlha will be joining soon after the battle with her in the Guldove. But if the Glenn and Razzle will be available together, the option "do not save Kid" would not make sense.

Rookie_One

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 04:46:06 pm »
True enough, although I would still had preferred to have a way to get him.

For those that were with you at Fort Dragonia (except Kid), are you planning for them to get thrown in the vortex with Serge ?

And finally, are you planning to make it so that after the bodyswap, the portrait when serge "speak"(when you have to make a choice) is this instead of default lynx portrait :

Anyway, the most importants things are the fixes, especially concerning the attacks value for the strongest attacks of Razzly and Noah (straight from the compendium encyclopedia :
Most Cross characters have hit values for heavy attacks of 20, unless they target all enemies (at which point they're only 10). Square apparently made a mistake with Zoah and Razzly; Zoah's is only 10, while Razzly's is 20.

And the glitches with Pip(seriously, the grid and the stats are annoying.... :x )
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:51:07 pm by Rookie_One »

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 06:33:51 pm »
For those that were with you at Fort Dragonia (except Kid), are you planning for them to get thrown in the vortex with Serge ?
I'm not sure yet how it will be combined with the storyline. But actually we think about it.
And finally, are you planning to make it so that after the bodyswap, the portrait when serge "speak"(when you have to make a choice) is this instead of default lynx portrait :
What choice can't do, because the portrait settings are stored in each level separately. 
And the glitches with Pip(seriously, the grid and the stats are annoying.... :x )
The bug is in an executable file. Until now we did not know how to fix it :(