Author Topic: Chrono Сross Modification  (Read 36836 times)

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Сross Modification
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2016, 02:42:10 am »
kolt54321, I don't know how would we decide is a particular idea/scene/dialog is good or bad, should be implemented or not, but if you need some vizualization/realization of your work then we can provide so. I still will work on other areas for now, but Prizvel definitely can do story-related stuff. At least something like heavily commented script code to distingush modified code/scenes from original, partial implementatin (to let you see how your additions looks in-game), etc.

Also, I recommend you to read full Chrono Cross original script, even if you already did it or completed game many times. Just because you really need a starting point of view even for almost blank characters.

I don't yet know how we should organize stuff for teamwork yet, I will prepare single-disk for further use right now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:44:22 am by Danetta »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2016, 03:05:07 am »
One detail I vaguely remember from the days when I was more actively involved with making modding tools, which may be of use: I think the standard overworld animations for all the characters include nod and headshake sequences. utunnels may remember more (especially since he's been working with the animation files lately).
Actually I have a bad memory and I currently can't check because blender 2.4x(on which the original model importer was made) has a bad habit to crash on this windows 7 x64. It works perfectly on my home computer(which is stilling using 32bit os) though.
But in theory they should, for the reason you can change party members.
Well I just checked, the answer is no.

Standard animations of a pc room model include stand, run, walk, idle, climb, look right, look left, and the ready-for-battle-pose.

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2016, 03:42:34 am »
Well, if something already used in original rooms then we definitely can use it in other rooms, don't we?

Or nod and headshake only used by Serge?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:51:12 am by Danetta »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2016, 04:52:26 am »
Or nod and headshake only used by Serge?
Nope. Serge doesn't have nod and shake animations.
I guess the animations are in the room itself, for example, maybe Cape Howl when he meets Karsh?

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2016, 05:30:18 am »
I guess the animations are in the room itself, for example, maybe Cape Howl when he meets Karsh?
Head rotation can be controlled via fieldscript. It is operator FE 53 XX XX YY YY ZZ ZZ (SET_CHARACTER_HEAD_ANGLE in yaz0r decompiler).
https://youtu.be/ombuNP_0Vx8

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2016, 05:42:15 am »
Head rotation can be controlled via fieldscript. It is operator FE 53 XX XX YY YY ZZ ZZ (SET_CHARACTER_HEAD_ANGLE in yaz0r decompiler).
https://youtu.be/ombuNP_0Vx8

Ah, OK then. I think that is much more convenient.

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2016, 11:51:48 pm »
kolt54321, I don't know how would we decide is a particular idea/scene/dialog is good or bad, should be implemented or not, but if you need some vizualization/realization of your work then we can provide so. I still will work on other areas for now, but Prizvel definitely can do story-related stuff. At least something like heavily commented script code to distingush modified code/scenes from original, partial implementatin (to let you see how your additions looks in-game), etc.

Also, I recommend you to read full Chrono Cross original script, even if you already did it or completed game many times. Just because you really need a starting point of view even for almost blank characters.

I don't yet know how we should organize stuff for teamwork yet, I will prepare single-disk for further use right now.

Hi! I'm using this as a placeholder for my response in a few hours.

But I do want to apologize for the lack of communication in the last few days. I had a serious family issue (I wouldn't wish it on anyone), and it's been somewhat rough. I'm back though, and am eager to get this started.

Would you have an idea where I could find the script? Like you, I thought I need to go over it too, to get a good idea of what can be improved.

On the topic of what to put in and what not, I'll get to that soon. Thank you for your patience!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2016, 08:03:49 am »
Would you have an idea where I could find the script? Like you, I thought I need to go over it too, to get a good idea of what can be improved.

It's in the Encyclopedia, under "Informative Discourses" -> "Scripts".

Danetta

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • So where is it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2016, 09:38:25 am »

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2016, 05:29:09 pm »
It has been a long time since I replied to this forum. Oh, well. You have my support in this 100%.

Chrono Cross is a game I actually like more than Trigger as it is one of my favorite battle systems that has never been replicated in any other game I know.

I would like to ask, once the Battle system has been fixed/tweaked, and the story has been modified, would it be possible to add a hard mode to the game? One that is a separate setting within the game? I know there already a hard mod out there, but this is a one of a kind mod.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:32:08 pm by rayman9930 »

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2016, 06:40:20 pm »
It has been a long time since I replied to this forum. Oh, well. You have my support in this 100%.

Chrono Cross is a game I actually like more than Trigger as it is one of my favorite battle systems that has never been replicated in any other game I know.

I would like to ask, once the Battle system has been fixed/tweaked, and the story has been modified, would it be possible to add a hard mode to the game? One that is a separate setting within the game? I know there already a hard mod out there, but this is a one of a kind mod.

Thanks! I'm still here, but... busy. I'm currently looking over the script, and hopefully soon will start some concrete recommendations.

I think if the title screen's options are of the same sort as options in the game, it should be feasible. I don't know for sure though, Danetta could answer better than me.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2016, 01:31:53 am »
Kolt, I think you may have better luck if you show your talents and show that you're willing to put in the work. Do you have experience writing? Do you have samples? Are you willing, if no one else is, to soldier through until it's finished? Are you willing to learn how to use the software? The way you have been talking, saying you're not sure if you'll still have motivation in a mere month without other people to depend on, it doesn't inspire much faith. As someone who has been working on a fan game for YEARS, I recommend you check how deep the pool is before diving in.

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2016, 01:06:58 pm »
Kolt, I think you may have better luck if you show your talents and show that you're willing to put in the work. Do you have experience writing? Do you have samples? Are you willing, if no one else is, to soldier through until it's finished? Are you willing to learn how to use the software? The way you have been talking, saying you're not sure if you'll still have motivation in a mere month without other people to depend on, it doesn't inspire much faith. As someone who has been working on a fan game for YEARS, I recommend you check how deep the pool is before diving in.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I recently had a serous family issue, and am still working on that.

And like you said, it takes a lot of dedication to pull something like this off. Do I have that level of perseverance? I don't have a clue. But it can't hurt to try diving, and see where it goes. If it doesn't work out, whatever work is done will help future projects.

I'm not going to waste anyone else's time unless I know that there's a good chance I can keep running with this. I do have writing experience, I don't have samples, and I'm currently playing the game again to try and highlight the points that can be changed to make the most impact - from there that should give enough of a boost to continue with more mundane writing. As things stand, I don't need to know any of the software, hence the nod from Danetta and others.

People here have a lot of heart, and work heart for a long time to make things happen. I hope I'm one of those people, but to be honest I really don't know for sure.

rayman9930

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2016, 04:40:14 pm »
You never know unless you try!

Where is prizvel and/or Danetta? I have read over this thread before, but much of it is a blur to me. :oops:

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2016, 10:52:48 am »
We with Danetta had some disagreements about the use overlay in the game. Danetta proposes to solve the problems using overlay, but the game will only work on a PC. I'm willing to give up some fixes for save the ISO format. There are other differences: for example about turn overlay. I not like this idea too, because it will radically change the tactics of battle.
About the choice of complexity: it can be arranged with fieldscripts.
Maybe the project will be divided into two parts. One I do, and Danetta the second
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:06:26 am by prizvel »