Author Topic: Guys, I think it's hype time!  (Read 8993 times)

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Se habla espaņol
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think it's hype time!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
I wouldn't be so dismissive of that article.  It's probably the best news Chrono fans have gotten in years.  Since Final Fantasy VII Remake is already in the works, and remakes/remasters in general are one of the most popular trends in the industry right now, I think a return of Chrono is not only likely, it is all but assured.  The only real question is what form a new Chrono will take.

A reimagining/retelling? That's also a trend... :P

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »
I wouldn't be so dismissive of that article.  It's probably the best news Chrono fans have gotten in years.  Since Final Fantasy VII Remake is already in the works, and remakes/remasters in general are one of the most popular trends in the industry right now, I think a return of Chrono is not only likely, it is all but assured.  The only real question is what form a new Chrono will take.

A reimagining/retelling? That's also a trend... :P

I'm VERY afraid about how a retelling would take form... Since now games in general have far more adult thematics, and Chrono Trigger is a bit "innocent" at glance, it could be worse... or not (if CronoxLuccaxMarle have a chance to be best developed in that retelling :P )

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 02:44:10 am »
I'm VERY afraid about how a retelling would take form... Since now games in general have far more adult thematics, and Chrono Trigger is a bit "innocent" at glance, it could be worse... or not (if CronoxLuccaxMarle have a chance to be best developed in that retelling :P )

I really don't think a retelling would stray too far from the epic fairy tale treatment of the original, since that is what made Chrono popular in the first place.  You don't have to worry about excessive language, gratuitous violence, or Game of Thrones-style sex and drama if that's what you're talking about.  Square-Enix wouldn't be looking for an "M" rating here.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »
This is the first time that a directly association between CT and Setsuna happened?

http://www.destructoid.com/chrono-trigger-inspired-project-setsuna-still-looks-great-328400.phtml

Well, looks similar in many ways. I hope that it can be a good game.

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
I'm still not getting my hopes up, but Chrono Trigger gets name-dropped a few times here:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/first-look-live-stream-i-am-setsuna

I won't be able to catch the stream, however. Hopefully someone else can watch it and give us their thoughts afterward.