Author Topic: *slinks back in and collapses on the pavement*  (Read 3725 times)

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
*slinks back in and collapses on the pavement*
« on: March 05, 2016, 04:33:16 am »
Oww...

Back from the brink again. I don't know why I'm always so easily distracted by everything.

At least it wasn't two years this time. I'm kind of sad that this place has gotten emptier since I was here last, but I guess that's only to be expected.

Here's hoping that the series gets some more exposure in the coming years.

As for my Sea of Dreams project... well...

Certain inspirations have struck recently which have changed how I wish it would go, but I'll speak on that more in the appropriate topic, when I'm free enough of distractions to do so.

I'll be seeing you all later.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: *slinks back in and collapses on the pavement*
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:34 pm »
Yeah, it's a bombed out ghost town now. The Chrono Trigger reddit gets close to having daily activity, at least. I think some of the issue is the continuing focus away from traditional fan sites (I mean, apart from the fact that it's a dead franchise).

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
Reddit has replaced independent web forums. Of course, independent web forums replaced newsgroups, which at one point had replaced independent bulletin board systems.

It's almost cyclical.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 01:09:22 am »
Reddit has replaced independent web forums. Of course, independent web forums replaced newsgroups, which at one point had replaced independent bulletin board systems.

It's almost cyclical.

Sadly, because i still dont like reddit interface and foruns are much better to manage. Apart the reddit Zeality mentioned is a "Chrono Trigger-only" community.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 12:44:31 am »
fan sites, message boards, and independent communities in general have been waning. sites like this live off of momentum and long term members. there's no new activity coming in. everything's been getting consolidated by reddit, imageboards, wikia and so on.

the compendium has the additional problem of Chrono being a dead franchise, and a certain company actively working to stifle new works. at least for the earthbound/mother fags (another community I've had peripheral involvement in), there's the mother 3 translation by tomato, the mother 4 project, and of course the smash hit Undertale which is influenced by those games.

hopefully the encylopedia and everything else on the compendium will be archived and made available to those who discover CT in the future.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:46:28 am by xcalibur »