Author Topic: Chrono Cross 70-80% NTSC Beta (Disc 1 Only)  (Read 4107 times)

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross 70-80% NTSC Beta (Disc 1 Only)
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 08:25:57 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.  :lol:

PrincessNadia78

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • "...somehow I knew you'd come for me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 08:30:55 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.  :lol:

Ok, I'm glad someone else said it. LOL

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life
  • Lavos (+4000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 11:45:13 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.

I didn't even notice, hahaha! I was too busy noting the out-of-body-experience Serge having an existential crisis (and thus staring out the window with morbose longing).

Mauron

• Guru of Reason
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 11:51:57 pm »
That's not a ponytail, that's her tracking system. It's pointing to a very important item.

Razig

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 11:54:56 pm »
I didn't even notice, hahaha! I was too busy noting the out-of-body-experience Serge having an existential crisis (and thus staring out the window with morbose longing).
General Viper seems to be handling it a lot better, but then again he only has one doppelganger to worry about.

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 10:07:43 pm »
Holy fuck, he came back.

CrAzY, I'm in the same boat—I started having a regular income after some Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon protos were sold, and I've never seen them dumped.

We have to venerate nullpointer forever. I mean, this is huge! How does this not have more replies? I'm trying to think of what we can do, even if it's a super late build:

• Create a patch to reinstate the debug room for a normal ROM
  • Dump the script—maybe this build was before Honeywood's late changes from Kato were in the game
  • Dump textures—some were changed for the US release so maybe there are some intermediate versions
  • And someone could literally just start a playthrough or something[/i]
Moving this thread into Chrono Cross Modification. nullpointer, we massively owe you.

Edit: I threw the link over to the TCRF's Discord. Maybe they'll investigate as well.

It gives me chills that so many years after the game, unreleased footage is still being released. I'd pay premium money for such a beta, and here NullPointer just releases it.

I saw the link on the Chrono Cross modifications page, and though "hey, how come I missed that a few months ago". Turned out it's a new development!

RandomNobody

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 02:58:15 am »
Are any files of this dump known to be corrupted? I notice nullpointer mentioned that his disc had some holes in the data layer, so I was wondering if there might be some errors in the disc image. Asking because I have a Chrono Cross disc also marked as 70-80% complete, and as far as I can see the disc is fully intact. It too is just the first disc, but I suspect that maybe the 70-80% build was only ever distributed as a single disc.

If needed, I can upload a .bin/.cue of my disc.