Author Topic: Gaspar: Other travelers have been showing up at End of Time  (Read 902 times)

konfound

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Gaspar: Other travelers have been showing up at End of Time
« on: December 08, 2015, 10:20:20 pm »
I'm playing through Chrono Trigger once again right now and one particular thing that Gaspar mentions when you first show up at the End of Time stuck out to me.

He mentions that other travelers have started showing up more and more at the End of Time which got me thinking. Who could these travelers be? Do they play any other roles in the series? Do we ever hear about other travelers at all during the Chrono games (besides the obvious protagonist and antagonists)?

It just got me thinking and I thought it would be fun to mention it here.

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
Re: Gaspar: Other travelers have been showing up at End of Time
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 12:03:23 am »
Is the End of Time linked to only one timeline, or multiple timelines? From what we see in the game it seems it's just the one, but it could be that these other travelers come from another timeline that we may not even know of.

If they are from the same timeline, it's difficult to say who could it be. Perhaps Melchior and Belthasar were there at some point?

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »
The Nu and Kilwala from the Nuumamonja manga visited Gasper during their adventures, even recruiting Spekkio. Though we be hard-pressed to call any of that canon.

The Mystical Knights appear in Chrono Cross at the Bend of Time, but even if it's the same place, this occurs after the events in Chrono Trigger. Still, it suggests that others may have the power to travel time (even through roundabout methods like Dalton used).

The only others I could think of would be, maybe, Biggs and Wedge? Maybe Kino?

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:43:15 am »
I always thought this was a reference to the programmer's ending.