Author Topic: What should we call this thing?  (Read 7834 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
What should we call this thing?
« on: August 01, 2005, 02:34:09 pm »
The CT Flash Series...  What should we call it?  I honestly can't even give any examples because I just have no ideas.  So, ideas welcome.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:41:21 am »
hmmm... how about Latin?
Repercussus Temporis
(of course there'd have to be a macron on the second u in Repercussus in the title screen, or else it'd be singular, oh the horrors! <_<)

I like the feel of it, cuz you can guess what it means without knowing Latin (or at least I can pretend to not know Latin and try to understand it... btw, it means 'Echoes of Time')

I guess it could just be 'Echoes of Time' as well

Specter

• Porrean (+50)
  • Aphotic Fortissimo
    • View Profile
    • http://specter.sheezyart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:25:15 pm »
I like the Latin idea, although I doubt that the general audience would be able to handle it. 'Echoes of Time' has been done before, I think...

"Boy Meets Parasite"? :lol:

In all seriousness now... hm,... "Chrono Trigger: Odyssey in Time" or just "Chrono Trigger Odyssey"?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:55:52 pm »
I dunno about 'Odyssey'... Apparently the word means "a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune"... I dunno about that especially because of the Odyssey, so I think it's too overused... Especially if it's 'Odyssey in Time' cuz then people might think it's supposed to be like the Odyssey, but in time... Also, I don't see CT as a wandering through time, but more of a guided tour

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:26:19 pm »
Chrono Trigger: Your Tour Through History, With "The Entity" As Your Tour Guide!

A bit of a mouthful? :lol:

What does "Gaiden" mean?  CT Gaiden? =P

Specter

• Porrean (+50)
  • Aphotic Fortissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 08:45:18 pm »
According to Google, Gaiden is a Japanese term for a side story. Sometimes the English phrase "Another Story" is used within a Japanese title. For instance, the game "Sailor Moon: Another Story" would, more literally be, "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Gaiden".

But using Japanese words might not be a bad idea... "Chrono Trigger: Kokugen Shousetsu"?

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 08:54:29 pm »
Using Japanese in the title would be, sorry to say, very unbecoming.  I'm leaning more towards a less-forgiving word, but "unbecoming" will do.

How about something simple, to the point, descriptive?  Something like "Chrono Flash"?  Really, what else needs said?

~.C.S.~

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 09:01:56 pm »
Chrono Flash has occurred to me, but I was waiting to see if anyone else mentioned it...

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:18 pm »
I just thought of the idea of having the enitire series being Crono's dream in transition between CT and CT:CE, so when Crono wakes up at the end it starts showing the beginning of CE and fades to black. Then there could be a humorous scene between some strange characters, maybe a cat and a nu or maybe the three gurus or something, where someone is like "How'd Crono remember the part of the game where he wasn't with the crew?" (like the scene in Invader Zim when Zim has a flashback that includes him leaving a room and someone talking in the room after he left)

I assume it'll take a while to do the entire series, so maybe by the end of the series Crimson Echoes will be out, and there could be a link to it at the end or something

If we agree to use this idea, maybe a title like "Chrono Dream"

Specter

• Porrean (+50)
  • Aphotic Fortissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 02:30:44 pm »
The CE tie-in sounds like a fun idea, and it opens the door for some interesting twists and turns that could provide backstory for CE and make the series more interesting for long-time CT fans.

BTW, random thought time here. While racking my brain for a good title idea, I suddenly came up with a group title for the staff to go by. Would anyone be opposed to calling ourselves "the Disciples of Time"?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 02:37:32 pm »
Sounds cool to me...  Actually, I kinda like it for the series too. :)  Either Chrono Flash, or maybe Chrono Trigger: Disciples Of Time...?  Hmm...

Yes, maybe we could tie in with Crimson Echoes too, but as said earlier, it might be best to do that towards the end of the series when CE is either released or about to be released.  Until then, in my opinion, there's probably too much that's uncertain about Crimson Echoes.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 09:50:56 am »
I was basically just referring to showing Lavos' death in the beginning of the first episode, and the beginning of the Marle wake up scene at the end of the last episode.. Whatever we decide on ought to short, that's why I liked 'Chrono Dream'.. Chrono + something 1 or 2 syllables long is what I'm thinking, but I just think 'Chrono Flash' is too dull.. It's supposed to be a story told in flash, not something made just to be flash

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 03:38:41 pm »
Agreed...  Since we're essentially retelling the original story in a deeper way, maybe it could be something related to that, like related to the story somehow.  Chrono Legend?  Chrono Legacy?  And yet, at the same time, I also wanted to hold to the Chrono Trigger name, so that people don't hear "Chrono Legend" or whatever and think it's supposed to be a different story altogether.  Hmm...

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 05:39:55 pm »
I see what you mean... now I'm tied between Chrono Trigger: --- and Chrono ---

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 02:50:56 am »
Chrono Trigger: Sands Of Time?