Author Topic: Chrono Cross Lzss compressor  (Read 444 times)

Buhtan

  • Iokan (+1)
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross Lzss compressor
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:15:46 am »
Hello

I'm a newbie here. After searching for how to compress CC in Lzss, I came to this place.

Actually, I found a translation tool by a French group for CC (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/840/) so I want to translate CC to my language.

The tool exctract and decompress Lzss very well, but when it come to re-compress back to the ISO, it refuses to work for me.



I don't know why, but I guess I've to look for another compressor out there. I search every nock and cranny for a LZSS compressor, but haven't found any.

Anyone here know where to get a compressor for CC dialogue?

Thank you for reading.

OneWingedAngel

  • Iokan (+1)
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Lzss compressor
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 10:56:06 pm »
Sorry to bump a nearly three year old thread with my first post, but I've just begun working with the Terminus Traduction tools, and encountered (seemingly) the same problem.

For me, it turns out that the TT program would crash *after* doing the LZSS compression for *all* of the files.  That is, every single .scn file had been compressed into the corresponding .lzs file according to the file timestamps.

I found one workaround and one solution that works for unknown reasons:

1) Run Rein_Script, let it crash.  Then edit /CD#/60_Scripts/Rein_Script.txt to comment out (with a /) the first three commands (up to Rooms_Lzss_C).  Then run Rein_Script.bat again, and it will pick up with Rooms_Cpt_C.

2) For mysterious reasons, the script doesn't crash if I run Rein_ScriptC before running Rein_Script (obviously you have to do Dump_ScriptC before reinserting it).  I have no idea why this is; my only guess is that some extraneous characters get removed when it copies the script from Textes_Apres into Fichiers_Apres.

If you're still out there and trying to translate CC with these tools, my suggestion is to do all of the translation in Script1_CD1.txt, Script2_CD2.txt and ScriptC_CD1.txt (and copy and rename that for CD2), then Rein_Script# and Rein_ScriptC before Rein_Script.  The "Repartition" tools to break up the dialogue by character to send to different translators seems fiddly to me.

You might also find that the code unpacks accents incorrectly.  I can help with that too, if you want.