Author Topic: Potential Chrono Trigger CD for 2017 : Ideas Wanted  (Read 5220 times)

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Visit Jazz Paladin Productions on Facebook!
    • View Profile
Potential Chrono Trigger CD for 2017 : Ideas Wanted
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:32:45 pm »
Greetings!

I have been contemplating the idea of producing an exclusively Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross CD for quite some time now, and was wondering what, if any, ideas the Chrono Trigger fanbase might be interested in. I seriously doubt that this question ever gets asked directly to the fans, so I thought this might be a unique opportunity to get to know if there is something out there that hasn't been done yet that people would like to see done with a project of such nature.

Songs perhaps? Styles? Fusions between songs? No idea is off of the table, so please let the ideas flow!

As an example of some previous Chrono Trigger work, I have a few songs on Spotify, and Youtube.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2Di5lURRC8daeDofvCBK6Q
https://open.spotify.com/track/0MFjBdfZCVqTbLifYMh4Kp

Also, feel free to check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jazzpaladinproductions/?fref=ts

I will be sure to be adding updates to progress on Facebook as songs and ideas progress. I do also have a website, www.jazzpaladin.com that is still under a bit of construction, but I envision that being a good source of information in the future as well as this forum!

[hidden]
Ideally, this CD would be ready sometime in 2017. I would like to commit to an earlier release date, but I also currently have a Castlevania CD in the works for 2016, and will be hard at work for that for quite a while.

Lastly, (and if deemed inappropriate by the mods, please feel free to remove), just a small consideration for all is that these products do take quite a bit of financial backing to make possible. For example, the most recent video game music CD I made cost quite a bit of money to produce, especially in making sure that royalties are paid to the rightful composers. So while I hate mentioning this, please feel free to check out Jazz Paladin Productions on Facebook for more updates, or view the first CD on Spotify, I-tunes, Amazon.com, as I really, really hate Kick Starters, or the idea of taking money for a product that does not exist yet. Each bit of support for my music that is currently out there goes directly to support future products, so if you are so inclined, thank you very much!

Here's to the prospect of new music that will flow until the End of Time!

Michael
[/hidden]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:18:23 am by Jazz Paladin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Chrono Trigger CD for 2017 : Ideas Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:16:52 am »
Ooh, I am seriously interested in this. Let's see...

I'd love to hear some of the lesser known or less popular songs. Something like "Jellyfish Sea", "Dragon's Prayer" (perhaps mixed with "Dragon God"?), or heck, even "Ayla's Theme". All the songs that don't get enough love. Maybe one from Radical Dreamers.

Another good one is "Drowned Valley". I've mentioned this once before, and, since you suggested song fusions, I would love to hear your interpretation of a "Porre's Theme". That is, some kind of fusion between "Drowned Valley" and "Peaceful Days". I'm sure that would be difficult, but I feel there's a lot of unused potential for Porre.

Also, "At the Shore of Dreams" is my favorite. :wink:

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 10:36:04 pm »
Hey Jazz, huge thanks for checking in with the fanbase on this. Feel make to hyperlink the references to your websites and social media in your original post, should be no problem there. I wanted to throw this link to your take on Schala's theme out here since I can totally groove to that.

Come to think of it, I never did find that perfect hard rock remake of Magus' battle theme...

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:50:45 am »

I'd love to hear some of the lesser known or less popular songs.

Actually, I am a big proponent of making arrangments of lesser-done songs. That's part of the reason I went ahead with my take on Gato's song for my last production.

Drowned Valley is already up on top of my list for consideration, actually. It's always refreshing as a musician to not only do something in an odd time signature, but also something that goes between two distinct time signatures. I believe this one goes from 5/4 to 6/8. And a fusion of this would indeed be nice!

Thanks for the suggestion, let me know if you think of anything else!

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:35 am »

Come to think of it, I never did find that perfect hard rock remake of Magus' battle theme...

I did find a nice rock arrangement of that a while back, I think, but I can't for the life of me remember who did it. I could have sworn it was Daniel Tidwell...

But from my end of things, maybe I can make something interesting happen. Ever hear an electric harp with distortion on it? I think that may just end up being a first for Chrono Trigger arrangements!

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 05:07:38 pm »

Along those lines, and if people ever wanted a guarantee that their absolute favoriteChrono song of all time gets its share in the spotlight...I think that perhaps at some point in time a contest of sorts may be in order.

Maybe it would be a good idea to give fans a direct choice for at least one piece. I can draw a "winner" or something, and thus ensure that this song is guaranteed representation on the project. Hmmm...

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 04:15:38 pm »
The only thing I can think of is maybe a mashup between the old school live-action Swamp Thing series theme and Schala's theme or an English vocal arrangement of "Epilogue ~ To Good Friends" but because I'm not the most well-versed when it comes to remixes, both have probably already been done.

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 04:16:35 pm »
 :oops:

One thing that is just starting to dawn on me as I am starting to wrap up my most recent project and move on the Chrono production...

One CD simply is NOT going to be enough space...

:picardno

Such a wonderful problem to have...

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »
Another evil, impossible mashup has come to mind...

Underground Sewers with Moonlight Denetsu

I know it can't work, but it's in my head for some reason.

Jazz Paladin

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 12:27:51 am »
Another evil, impossible mashup has come to mind...

Underground Sewers with Moonlight Denetsu

I know it can't work, but it's in my head for some reason.

Underground sewers is definitely on the list, I was just thinking of some ideas for the tune the other day!

Thanks much for the suggestions, as well. For clarification, I was thinking more along the lines of mixing various Chrono songs together, akin to what Kodokami had in mind.

Mixing two songs together on the same track usually means you have to pay royalties for both songs. Not only this, sometimes the legalities and technicalities relating to mechanical licenses stipulate that you have to try to keep the song relatively close to the original composition. Mixing two Chrono songs together isn't too likely to cause any problems, but if I were to create and sell a mix of "Guardia Castle" and combine it with "I Like Big Butts", I'd probably have a wee bit of a legal issue on my hands.  8)