Author Topic: About the permissions to reproduce the contents of Compendium  (Read 1586 times)

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
About the permissions to reproduce the contents of Compendium
« on: October 18, 2015, 02:44:52 am »
Hi for all members! Thanks for accepting me!

I own for a while a little network focused on Brazilian fanbase of the series, and i have a couple of questions, mainly about the content of this site.

Since i setup a couple of facebook groups focused on discussing the story, i began translating material from several sites, including ChronoCompendium.

When i began to read the Condensed Plot Summary, I realized that the content of Compendium can only be reproduced with the permission of ZeaLitY... I'm so sorry about this, first time i see the "About" pages of this site i remember to read the content here is GPL or Creative Commons licensed, so when i noticied my infringiment, i came here to asking about.

I saw the ZeaLitY email in that document, but i'm afraid it can't be the right place to ask this (because the last update was in 2009).
So the first thing i'm making here (after finally received the activation link) is to ask what and how i need to do to be able to translate the articles here to brazilian portuguese, or, if already translated and i cant find it, to reproduce the content on my network (if possible at all).

The material here is the most fine existing on the internet, and i'm afraid to need to remove all content, but if ZeaLitY wants this, i will cope.

Anyway thanks a lot for keep this site aboard for all these years, and with so much information.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: About the permissions to reproduce the contents of Compendium
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:23:06 am »
If my title of Director is of any merit, I should have the authority to grant this. I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to translate material here for the enjoyment of your own Chrono community. Just give proper credit where it's due. Many people worked hard, ZeaLitY in particular, to write these articles and pages, and it'd be a shame to learn it was blatantly stolen. That you came here asking for permission shows you at least care, though, and I appreciate it.

ZeaLitY ultimately has the final say on this, but until (and if) he says otherwise, continue on.

Also, welcome to the Compendium! Perhaps you'd like to share your community with us? There may be some here who'd wish to join, if they haven't done so already, and vice-versa.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:47 pm »
Thanks so much for this!  :D

I want to make sure i will credit right this jewel of knowledge. If something was wrongly in this subject, please let me know via PM or similar.
I'll look forward to ZeaLitY response, but thank you already for reply me!

About my community, its "ChronoMania" - a network i've created in 2013 under title "Chrono Trigger BR" in Facebook, but after my knowledge about the series expanded, and the growing of several troubles and similar groups (yes, even having 1/10 of lifespan than Compendium, it have a loooong behind the scenes history).
Now i struggling (lack of time, interest of small fanbase here) to stay focused in the main goal: basically making a portuguese website similar to Compendium to expand the popularity of Chrono in Brazil. I have the domain (http://chronomania.com.br/), BUT its just a temporary page until i get some buddys to help developing a solid system (blog, wiki and forum, like here), and sadly nobody offered to make part of this, and i dont have money to hire a freelancer or similar  :?.

Anyway, if you get interested i can share my history, mistakes, successes, pleas in another thread. It would be a long history.
And again thanks for the support!  :wink:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »
Yeah, definitely feel free! The more the knowledge we have gathered here spreads, the better. I'll make sure to link to the network too.

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 06:44:17 pm »
Thank you so much ZeaLitY!!! :D

I will spread the news to the people of ChronoMania!

And if you really will add the website to the links, i think i need at least to update the temporary page.  :oops:

And as always, thanks for everything!