Author Topic: Minor thing about Biggs and Wedge  (Read 1256 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Minor thing about Biggs and Wedge
« on: September 07, 2015, 02:19:53 am »
I tried to search if this was already on the site, but couldn't find it. Just in case...

So today I was reading up info on FFVI, and found a place:

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/index.php?showtopic=14264

That talked about a V-Jump issue that had notes about pre-development stuff. You know, how characters and the like were or would have had before we see them in the final product, and stuff like that.

The thing had a part where Biggs and Wedge (the FFVI characters) answering a few questions (the post only has two, but I don't know how many actually were), and found one was:

"--Valigarmanda made you both disappear... so are you dead?
Biggs: We traveled through dimensions and ended up in Leene Square in Chrono Trigger!
Wedge: Bekkler found us and now we have new jobs. (haha)"

And then below is this note from the poster:

"Please note that this came out of the Jan. 96 issue, 2 months before Chrono Trigger was released in Japan."

Although I think it's mistaken there, since if it really was the Jan. 96 issue, then it was almost a year later. But anyway...

And well, that's it. Something really minor, but find interesting and amusing. Whether or not this was actually serious or just a joke... well, I guess it's up to personal interpretation. Not like this got mentioned again. That I know of, anyway.

But in any case, with the canonicity left ambigious I'm gonna accept that now as headcannon. :wink:

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Minor thing about Biggs and Wedge
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:39:49 am »
the idea that they got warped out of the FFVI universe by the Esper, and ended up in the CT universe, blew my mind as a kid.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Minor thing about Biggs and Wedge
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 02:36:29 am »
Oh that's awesome! And here I thought Ted Woolsey just liked to use similar names!!!