Author Topic: Happy 20th North American Release, Chrono Trigger!  (Read 5211 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Happy 20th North American Release, Chrono Trigger!
« on: August 24, 2015, 04:24:28 pm »
...And there's absolutely no news to speak of, unfortunately. I can try to update this weekend, in case any new remixes have come out, but there's nothing else left. In the meantime, check below for the fantastic Chrono Cross Brazilian Portuguese translation and new Prerelease alpha text deciphered by RyogaMasaki.

Edit: JoaoXP has thanfully pointed out that the new CT/CC arrange has a release date (October 14, 2015); check the page out here. And if you haven't played it already, don't forget about Prophet's Guile...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:25:12 pm by ZeaLitY »

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 20th North American Release, Chrono Trigger!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »
Even if there's nothing new in terms of material or news, it's still time to celebrate...

...anyone?

JoaoXP

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:48:30 am »
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/harukanaru/

Well, there is the release date of the Chrono Trigger/Cross arranged album... =P

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:07:11 am »
Square Enix has shown me exactly how much they cared about the Chrono series over the last decade or so, which isn't much, until it comes to copyright and shutting down good projects. Yes, I'm still salty about each and every fan project they've C&D'd. Maybe they'll release something Chrono related (that isn't a soundtrack album and isn't a port, though I wouldn't mind actual remakes or remasterings) when they're done milking the old Final Fantasy games, until they've ported and re-ported them on every system imaginable. I think really the only games I care about these days, with Square Enix's name on them, are the ones they publish.

But anyway, happy (sorta) late 20th anniversary.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:12:15 am by dan_death »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:22:49 pm »
Ah, thanks for that. I'll add the arrange release date to this post and move yours to a new one.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »
Hot damn, so I was 11 when Chrono Trigger came out. I still remember the huge coverage Nintendo Power gave it during the summer of 1995, with a walkthrough that covered up to the discovery of Lavos in 2300 AD if memory serves. The Wal-Mart where I bought that Nintendo Power issue isn't even standing anymore, yet Chrono Trigger's legacy as one of the most creative and engaging RPGs has stood the test of time as it were.

It was another game Masato Kato was attached to - Ninja Gaiden II (NES) - that clued me in to the fact that videogames could be an effective storytelling platform. But Chrono Trigger is the work that cemented that idea for me.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:55 pm »
Ahhh! I missed the anniversary (darn ill timed trip!) I had tried to have something really special and fanarty ready for this but my last year of college hit me hard :cry: Also there's a fan game in the works for the anniversary but wouldn't you know those things take a lot more effort/time than I (or any of us) expected! Hats off to the team of Prophet's Guile and CE because damn!

20 years! Wow! Still the best RPG ever <3

Well i'm just going to throw this up as "fan art" because I want to contribute something in celebration.

This may or may not be a working map in a fan game Rom Hack *cough*

This is 1999 A.D. pre Lavos based roughly off of the DS mini map.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:21:50 pm by TheMage »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 11:23:47 pm »
Damn, that's beautiful.

Redline57

• Guardian (+100)
  • Crimson Echoes rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 02:54:54 am »
I guess I'm pretty late, just joining here, but happy 20th anniversary to...the greatest RPG to ever come out of japan ever!