Author Topic: what was the idea for Chrono Trigger Re-amped?  (Read 1796 times)

finalkick12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
what was the idea for Chrono Trigger Re-amped?
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:28:00 am »
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the original idea was for Chrono Trigger Re-amped? It was one of the works in progress struck down by the C&D, listed in this link:

https://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=7396.0

The first 3 have been finished (basically). Rebirth was going to be a 3D remake of CT for the N64. Azala Style was going to be a short CT spinoff played from Azala's point of view during the events leading up to Lavos's impact at 65,000,000 BC.

But I have no idea what Re-amped was supposed to be. I can find no information on it anywhere on the internet, other than the fact that it was C&D'd along with the rest. Does anyone have any information on what this project was supposed to accomplish?

:heyyou
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:32:42 am by finalkick12345 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: what was the idea for Chrono Trigger Re-amped?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:19:35 pm »
I don't personally remember anything about that project, so all I have to go on is this entry in one of the site's news articles:
Anacalius has named his project to give Crono dialogue and Trigger a little more depth: "Chrono Trigger Re-Amped".

3D remake of CT
No, no, Rebirth wasn't one of the remakes. It was a CT hack by Shinrin. I think it started out very early on as mainly "make Crono talk". Later, as it evolved, among other things it had interludes in 1999 A.D., starring a different cast of characters (who due to technical limitations look identical to the regular cast) with slightly different stats. I recall seeing a preview screenshot where one of the future characters, who originally looked like human Glenn, discovers he's now a frog-person.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »
I couldn't find much of 'Re-Amped' but the old CT fan project page described it as:

Chrono Trigger Re-Amped:

Anacalius is adding lines for Crono and fleshing out certain dialogue-sparse scenes in Chrono Trigger to add a new layer of experience. He's also considering adding a new side quest for Ayla, and perhaps one for Crono.

The way back-machine shows it's thread (at the very bottom)

http://web.archive.org/web/20080513082058/http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/

but sadly its unclickable. It appears to have been a small Rom modification.

chrono trigger resurrection was a 3D C&D'd game, Vehek's got the money on Rebirth.

finalkick12345

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:26:42 am »
Ok, thanks for the clarification. It looks like Rebirth and Re-Amped both intended to add new content to Chrono Trigger and give Crono dialogue, just different content. Maybe they could have merged together? Oh well.