Author Topic: Guys, I think it's hype time!  (Read 24084 times)

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think it's hype time!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
I wouldn't be so dismissive of that article.  It's probably the best news Chrono fans have gotten in years.  Since Final Fantasy VII Remake is already in the works, and remakes/remasters in general are one of the most popular trends in the industry right now, I think a return of Chrono is not only likely, it is all but assured.  The only real question is what form a new Chrono will take.

A reimagining/retelling? That's also a trend... :P

froodo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »
I wouldn't be so dismissive of that article.  It's probably the best news Chrono fans have gotten in years.  Since Final Fantasy VII Remake is already in the works, and remakes/remasters in general are one of the most popular trends in the industry right now, I think a return of Chrono is not only likely, it is all but assured.  The only real question is what form a new Chrono will take.

A reimagining/retelling? That's also a trend... :P

I'm VERY afraid about how a retelling would take form... Since now games in general have far more adult thematics, and Chrono Trigger is a bit "innocent" at glance, it could be worse... or not (if CronoxLuccaxMarle have a chance to be best developed in that retelling :P )

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2015, 02:44:10 am »
I'm VERY afraid about how a retelling would take form... Since now games in general have far more adult thematics, and Chrono Trigger is a bit "innocent" at glance, it could be worse... or not (if CronoxLuccaxMarle have a chance to be best developed in that retelling :P )

I really don't think a retelling would stray too far from the epic fairy tale treatment of the original, since that is what made Chrono popular in the first place.  You don't have to worry about excessive language, gratuitous violence, or Game of Thrones-style sex and drama if that's what you're talking about.  Square-Enix wouldn't be looking for an "M" rating here.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »
This is the first time that a directly association between CT and Setsuna happened?

http://www.destructoid.com/chrono-trigger-inspired-project-setsuna-still-looks-great-328400.phtml

Well, looks similar in many ways. I hope that it can be a good game.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
I'm still not getting my hopes up, but Chrono Trigger gets name-dropped a few times here:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/first-look-live-stream-i-am-setsuna

I won't be able to catch the stream, however. Hopefully someone else can watch it and give us their thoughts afterward.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2019, 09:39:30 pm »
Bringing back this topic to say: Another hype time, or just a bait?
https://loadingage.home.blog/2019/06/04/rumor-aponta-um-novo-jogo-da-serie-chrono-trigger-em-desenvolvimento-pela-square-enix/

Google-Translating:
Brazilian Amazon lists in its catalog a probable new game of the series Chrono Trigger (and soon it goes away)

Last Monday (06/03) there was a big uproar among gamers on Twitter because a Twitter user named @FrederFusca (who later deleted his account) was accessing the Amazon site when he came across a game of gray cover listed in your search. The item listed as "Chrono Trigger 2: Tales of Velava" would be a sequel to the first game in the Chrono series, this time the serial would arrive on the Nintendo 3DS.

The user was surprised and soon tweeted about what he had just seen, few believed, but using advanced search tools on the site, really could find the game listed. After a brief rebound, the game disappeared from the catalog of the online store, which led all of us to believe that a leak had actually occurred and that the game should be announced next Monday (06/10), the day of the Square Enix conference at E3 2019.

The user deactivated his account on Twitter soon after, probably due to legal problems he could face, we can not know.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2019, 09:58:19 pm »
Well now, if true, this could be quite the news. Though... hmm... what would be the odds...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:00:14 pm by Acacia Sgt »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2019, 10:50:13 pm »
Why would the OP be in legal trouble if he found it on Amazon's site? Wouldn't that have been a mistake on Amazon's part, or would it have been because he was hacking/data mining the site? Doesn't make sense why s/he would simply delete the account as a result of finding this info.

I am calling BS on this.

1.) The reasons above.
2.) The naming standard sounds odd.
3.) The 3DS is nearly dead as a console; it is on it's last legs, as Nintendo and most developers have moved on to the Switch. I would be surprised to see it on the 3DS.

Edit: A quick google search reveals only a single video for this... the same video that gives that info. :(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:54:59 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

CptOvaltine

• Synergist of Marbule
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2019, 01:54:43 pm »
Why would the OP be in legal trouble if he found it on Amazon's site? Wouldn't that have been a mistake on Amazon's part, or would it have been because he was hacking/data mining the site? Doesn't make sense why s/he would simply delete the account as a result of finding this info.

I am calling BS on this.

1.) The reasons above.
2.) The naming standard sounds odd.
3.) The 3DS is nearly dead as a console; it is on it's last legs, as Nintendo and most developers have moved on to the Switch. I would be surprised to see it on the 3DS.

Edit: A quick google search reveals only a single video for this... the same video that gives that info. :(

I'm with you - seems like bull.  Mainly for your 3rd reason.  There's no way a game like Trigger would receive a new entry on a handheld platform before it receives an entry on a main console. I could see the Swtich, I could even see them releasing something on the 3DS alongside a main entry (Like FFXV did with their mobile game).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2019, 04:51:43 am »
Yeah the tagline doesn't sound quite stupid enough to be believeable...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:52:30 am by V_Translanka »