Author Topic: Guys, I think it's hype time!  (Read 24089 times)

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think it's hype time!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »
@#$$ square for playing Frogs song...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 08:27:24 pm »
As an interesting tidbit, the tracks used in that E3 teaser video seem to have been taken from the 2010 Sexy Synthesizer album.

Too bad it didn't hint at what we hoped; but I'm definitely intrigued by the meaning of the word "Setsuna." I was squinting at this concept art from the Tokyo RPG Factory website trying to figure out whether a symbol from known Chrono governments was on the flags, but I'm not coming up with anything. The concept arts do bring to mind the post-Zeal thaw.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:00:02 am by FaustWolf »

Fortranm

• Architect of Kajar
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2015, 01:13:57 am »

This one definitely reminds me of Magus.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:17 am »
I've tryed find some kind of easter egg in these images, but i've couldn't. There's some things that reminds, like the image in post above.

And a new game probably will be based in Magus. His ausence in Cross and the new ending in DS version (explaining how Magus became Guile after loses his memory) creates some possibilities.

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
WILD MASS GUESSING!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2015, 03:42:01 pm »
Well, Setsuna Meioh is Sailor Pluto, the Sailor Guardian of time...so maybe it is code for a new Chrono game...

...or maybe I have the wrong Setsuna in mind.

Brilliant troll by Square-Enix, though.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 11:01:30 am »
Well, like TheMage already said, Setsuna means "a moment; a instant".
After all, looks like something "about time".

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 06:14:45 pm »
I've tryed find some kind of easter egg in these images, but i've couldn't. There's some things that reminds, like the image in post above.

And a new game probably will be based in Magus. His ausence in Cross and the new ending in DS version (explaining how Magus became Guile after loses his memory) creates some possibilities.

Reminds me of an idea I came up with for a sequel. Guile and a girl named Deceit were its two main characters. It would be painfully obvious though that Deceit was in fact Schala. Guile wouldn't talk about it, but they both know who they really are, or were at least: Janus Zeal is dead in Guile's eyes. When his sister came looking, that's what he told her. After what Guile saw of Janus through the frozen flame, he decided to leave him buried. So, Schala decided to do the same.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 03:11:40 am »
Or in a same world, with a different name like radical dreamers.

steamwolf

• Iokan (+1)
  • The struggle is real...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »
As cool as it would be to find out Setsuna is actually a Chrono game, they announced it as a new IP. It's not Chrono and no amount of hoping will make it so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-jMGrUFo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f1TM_p9il7I#t=137

BootlessM22

• Iokan (+1)
  • It was all a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »
Im very sad :(

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:28 pm »
I'm really looking forward to World of Final Fantasy though....Looks like that might have that charming feeling we're all missing from current RPG's...

HadesKane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • End of Time MUD
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 01:17:19 pm »

Reminds me of an idea I came up with for a sequel. Guile and a girl named Deceit were its two main characters. It would be painfully obvious though that Deceit was in fact Schala. Guile wouldn't talk about it, but they both know who they really are, or were at least: Janus Zeal is dead in Guile's eyes. When his sister came looking, that's what he told her. After what Guile saw of Janus through the frozen flame, he decided to leave him buried. So, Schala decided to do the same.

An idea I've had for a sequel would work to tie all three games together... Ultimately the final villain would be Belthasar.  My idea rests on the idea that the first two games (and really, more Cross than Trigger) was about Belthasar's machinations to ensure the defeat of Lavos fully and completely, and in this third game, he would be completely gone and not a concern any longer.  But can you imagine what being able to have the power and intelligence to engineer things in a manner such as Belthasar had?

That's about as close to absolute power as one gets, and you know what they say about absolute power corrupting absolutely.

And while it would be that Belthasar started off with good intentions (CT) by the time Chrono Cross rolled around and all his plans started unfolding and he got the taste of manipulating and ultimately controlling not only people's individual lives but time and space/dimensions as well?  That became a taste of power he wasn't keen to let go of.

From here, I've had a few competing ideas, but my favorite would involve his return to Chronopolis in the future and him being the master/boss Belthasar that then coordinates with his younger selves in various eras in order to control/manipulate things from all sides, which would see the party in Chrono 3 (likely consisting primarily of a few new characters, sprinkled with party members from the two previous games that you'd pick up during the course of the game) having an opportunity to travel through most of the eras of the previous games (namely, 12,000bc, 1000ad, and 2300ad) but finally getting to truly explore and experience 2300ad in its non lavos destroyed form (especially and particularly Chronopolis).  Some measure of dimension/timeline hopping as well would be good, and a good way to tie into the plots of Chrono Cross (although understanding that the dimensions/timelines were merged in Chrono Cross, it would take perhaps examining the smaller theme of the game of the "dying timelines" or the timelines that were erased or were being erased by the actions of the party in CT to tie that in... and an opportunity to hop into the timeline that Dinopolis came from would be very interesting as well, and a chance to pick up a Reptite as a party member).

Overall though, it may not be perfect, but I think it'd be a fantastic way to tie in all three games into a cohesive narrative, and be an interesting, unexpected, but completely sensible twist in ultimately making Belthasar the biggest and most powerful threat of the series.  Afterall, he may not be the man who physically defeated Lavos, but for all intents and purposes, he can be viewed as the man who overcame this being.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:20:33 pm by HadesKane »

ChronoTrigger

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2015, 01:00:09 pm »
Geno from Mario RPG has yet to be in Smash. So, I don't know. Additionally I'm rather concerned about buying a PS4 just for a new Chrono game if by chance it comes out.

I hope Geno steps it up in another game. He was always my fav guy when it came to Mario RPG..  thats something they never thought of doing again.. making a Mario RPG 2.  Even though it only went to level 30 it was still a great game. 

ChronoTrigger

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 01:09:42 pm »
I heard from that they done this before with Chrono Triggers music at one other event and no Chrono trigger was created. But it is their 20th aniversary.. so I am really hoping for the exact CT game just in 3d! And maybe a few new bosses would be great! Chrono Cross was a good game and at the ending of Chrono Cross you seen the 3 spirits of the original characters ...Chrono/Marle/Lucca, I hope they just remake it so Chrono and everyone is back and kinda push Chrono Cross to the side!  **Idea... the seed of lavos that was left behind after they defeated lavos, more evolved to human form. Possibly a new rival of Chrono lol Never would happen but would be cool :D

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »

An idea I've had for a sequel would work to tie all three games together... Ultimately the final villain would be Belthasar.  My idea rests on the idea that the first two games (and really, more Cross than Trigger) was about Belthasar's machinations to ensure the defeat of Lavos fully and completely, and in this third game, he would be completely gone and not a concern any longer.  But can you imagine what being able to have the power and intelligence to engineer things in a manner such as Belthasar had?

That's about as close to absolute power as one gets, and you know what they say about absolute power corrupting absolutely.

And while it would be that Belthasar started off with good intentions (CT) by the time Chrono Cross rolled around and all his plans started unfolding and he got the taste of manipulating and ultimately controlling not only people's individual lives but time and space/dimensions as well?  That became a taste of power he wasn't keen to let go of.

From here, I've had a few competing ideas, but my favorite would involve his return to Chronopolis in the future and him being the master/boss Belthasar that then coordinates with his younger selves in various eras in order to control/manipulate things from all sides, which would see the party in Chrono 3 (likely consisting primarily of a few new characters, sprinkled with party members from the two previous games that you'd pick up during the course of the game) having an opportunity to travel through most of the eras of the previous games (namely, 12,000bc, 1000ad, and 2300ad) but finally getting to truly explore and experience 2300ad in its non lavos destroyed form (especially and particularly Chronopolis).  Some measure of dimension/timeline hopping as well would be good, and a good way to tie into the plots of Chrono Cross (although understanding that the dimensions/timelines were merged in Chrono Cross, it would take perhaps examining the smaller theme of the game of the "dying timelines" or the timelines that were erased or were being erased by the actions of the party in CT to tie that in... and an opportunity to hop into the timeline that Dinopolis came from would be very interesting as well, and a chance to pick up a Reptite as a party member).

Overall though, it may not be perfect, but I think it'd be a fantastic way to tie in all three games into a cohesive narrative, and be an interesting, unexpected, but completely sensible twist in ultimately making Belthasar the biggest and most powerful threat of the series.  Afterall, he may not be the man who physically defeated Lavos, but for all intents and purposes, he can be viewed as the man who overcame this being.

:shock:

That is an AWESOME idea! Go go fan game?