Author Topic: Guys, I think it's hype time!  (Read 24106 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think it's hype time!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 04:29:50 am »
I'm super excited about the Final Fantasy VII remake but I wish it had been Chrono Trigger! (or Final Fantasy VI - yes I know they made the android update - thing if you want to call it that)

I'm still kind of hoping for something Chrono related- the conference is later today right? (the 16th?) Even if nothing involving CT is announced I'm hoping that Final Fantasy VII will be a huge success and they will see what their old games have to offer!

Fingers crossed for the future people! I'm hoping Frogs theme + 20 years = CT amazingness!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:46:26 am by TheMage »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 05:49:36 am »
For the sake of my spiritual successor project, I'm kind of hoping the FF7 remake was the only big announcement. Selfish, yeah, but it'd mean the project would get more hype, as opposed to "YAY CHRONO 3! Oh... I'll play that too... I guess...."

Nii

• Iokan (+1)
  • I've traveled this far wandering the abyss of time
    • View Profile
    • Imoutorave
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 03:26:55 pm »
well, that was horrible to watch.

square has fallen so far...

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 03:28:38 pm »
Not-a-mention... :picardno

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 03:39:28 pm »
Too bad I missed watching it live... but I guess judging from the reactions...

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:32 pm »
Well, THAT was disappointing...

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »
It was only disappointing if you had any hope to begin with. For me, it was more of the same: "Square continues to ignore its license to print money by refusing to do anything with the Chrono series."

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 06:09:57 pm »
I'm full of sad. Back to hating SquareEnix again.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 06:39:07 pm »
Try not to get down about the lack of a Chrono reveal.  The Final Fantasy VII remake is progress of a sort, and remember that S-E has a lot on their plate.  FF 15, Hitman, Deus Ex, Kingdom Hearts 3, Star Ocean, the ongoing FF 14, and now the new FF 7.

The way that Final Fantasy's XV and the new VII play and sell may have a direct impact on what a new Chrono game would look like.  Let's try and give them support and constructive feedback on these projects.  I, for one, still have hope.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »
Someone knows something about this studio Tokyo RPG Factory?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »
I too am curious about the Tokyo RPG Factory. They announced Project Setsuna: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-announces-next-rpg-epic-project-setsun/1100-6428231/

Stesuna: a Japanese word meaning "a moment; an instant". The word came from a Buddhist term: せつな meaning "split second,"

which made me- pray, hope it miiiight be Chrono related however its announced as a new rpg and claimed not to be a spinoff - which begs the question spin-off of what?

I'm with Lennis although I'm sad there was no Chrono news I really only hoped there would be because of the use of Frog's song - however the fact that they are remaking a classic game (FF VII) is pretty huge and if sales go good for it (which i imagine they will) than more remakes of other classics may be in the future!

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »
Yeah, but we won't be playing the remake for another 5 years considering the scope of the original FF7...

I guess Square Enix was saving this for a company emergency. A new Chrono game would probably be their final resort...

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 07:06:13 am »
Well that's a sigh of relief. Back to making my spiritual successor. Maybe with the final project, I can wipe my ass with the dollars/yen/bits of string SEnix refused to accept. Hah!

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 04:34:33 pm »
I'm trying to put my expectations down, but...
I'm really curious about that Tokyo RPG Factory.

It's a new studio (no previous works on site; the Facebook's page created in June 2015; and 7 tweets, all about E3), and the text in the homepage is "Countless adventures captivated us when we were kids. Now, it's time for us to return the favor with adventures of our own".
Well, quite suggesting.

And the question: why keep a all-new title in secret? If it's something really new, there's no reason to not talk.

Lastly, the Matsuda's interview about the studio has an intersting part:
"Our focus consists of two points: that it is a JRPG, and that it is an oudou (Authentic, decent) game. We have gathered a group of people who played, and were skillful at, the oudou RPGs that SQEX created back in the age of Super Nintendo(Super NESŪ), and are working with them." - Link: http://otakumode.com/news/557fd34a4ce0ae7f523ec226/

P.s.: Squenix continues using Frog's Theme in the streaming of day 2 and 3 of E3.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:09:47 pm by kaionaziozeno »