Author Topic: Guys, I think it's hype time!  (Read 24094 times)

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Guys, I think it's hype time!
« on: June 13, 2015, 03:51:42 pm »
Frogs Theme? Heck ya! HYPE HYPE HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrSH2wKh6ys

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Guys, I think it's hype time!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 06:38:08 pm »
If it's a rhythm game,that makes sense due to final fantasy and dragon quest. Perhaps they're testing the waters? Unless it's an official sequel,then that be grand. Almost forgot,Crono could get in smash.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:03 pm »
They've been adding Chrono Trigger Music to the Final Fantasy Rhythm game, no need to make it it's own game.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 05:57:27 am »
Geno from Mario RPG has yet to be in Smash. So, I don't know. Additionally I'm rather concerned about buying a PS4 just for a new Chrono game if by chance it comes out.

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:07:49 pm »
If it's at E3 2015 then; oh my GOD!

How would you guys feel about a complete updated 3d remake with added content (maybe in the style of how Dragon Quest 8 looked on PS2? I don't think that would be such a bad thing. It's not like we couldn't go back and just play the original if it turned out bad...

Or, I would also like a remake to be kept in the same 2d SNES style but with beautiful per-rendered backgrounds like we had in Chrono Cross; or maybe something along the lines of Odin Sphere/Dragon's Crown hand drawn art!

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »
I spent a lot of time thinking in this video teaser.
It's complicated expect that Square announce a sequel after all frustrations that we had.

But I think that is the most obvious conclusion.

The video obviously is about something big (It's so secret I can't talk about it). And it's about an Action RPG game (Tune in to find out all about this action RPG during the show).
And this surprise have to be about Chrono Trigger (20º anniversary, Frog's Theme+sfx's).

With these 3 facts, i discard a launch to PS4 or something like that, because CT cannot be considerate a action RPG (yes, the battle system was more dinamic than others in 95, but this don't make the game an Action RPG).

So, or it is a "all-new remake", or is a sequel.

At least, i must, have and want to believe in it...  :cry:

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 04:27:27 pm »
I actually wouldn't mind an action rpg. Because Chrono Trigger had such a fast passed, fun, team based battle system. And the enemies transitioned flawlessly within the same screen. Just add in awesome magic, and a bit of strategy and we should be okay... :lol:

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 09:15:08 am »
Isn't Brink of Time in like a month? They wouldn't just be opening a stream for it right? That would be a dick move to not make a game for this much hype. They kinda centered the video around it.

There are TONS of things it could be. And not to mention who says all 6 bleeps are the same game? There could be 6 different games. Notice KH wasn't mentioned? What if it's just Glenn in KH? I mean an Action RPG is completely possible, remember CT was suppose to be an action RPG when it was first conceived, but then development split into CT and SoM. I find it interesting that FF15 is in BETA and is probably going to be released next year without a FF16 announced yet. I find it interesting KH3 wasn't mentioned at all in that video. I still cant believe that Square would say FF7 is coming to PS4 but then just ported it... again. SE is one of the worst companies of all time. We like to believe their getting better but we can't be 100%.

The only things we know is 1 to 6 things are going to be announced (why announce any of that before E3? then you might not watch) and at least one of them is Chrono related. The song was an 8-bit-esq remix of frogs theme, which seems to be the center of the video. Could it be a game centered around Frog? Maybe a game about his descendant and his attempt to take the Mastermune and reclaim Porre from Dalton? I hope it's just Chrono Brake... I've waited too long for this.

P.S. Turn based games are obsolete. I'd rather have some sort of team based action rpg where I have double and triple attacks. And I don't want a Glenn based main hero. Plz new guy! AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO SCHALA/KID/SERGE/ALL OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AFTER CROSS!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:25:49 am by ZealKnight »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:33:04 pm »
If it's an action RPG, I want cheats. I need my time to react.

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »
I swear Square Enix' getting peoples hopes up with that Frog song in the trailer; if there is a no show I will be on the brink of rage! :o

Also, please have the art style by Akira Toriyama this time. That's one of the things that at first, drew me out of Chrono Cross. Because the art style didn't feel connected.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 06:13:55 pm »
Notice KH wasn't mentioned? What if it's just Glenn in KH?

This is a real possibility when you add this:

SE is one of the worst companies of all time. We like to believe their getting better but we can't be 100%.

kaionaziozeno

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:58 pm »

Presto

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 12:39:28 am »
I will literally explode with excitement if they announce a Chrono Trigger sequel!!!  :D But... if they threw in Frog theme music and it's something lame like FF Rythem stuff then Square can go to hell for giving me hope where I thought there was none  :twisted:

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 01:52:38 am »
It looks like they are finally going to do the long asked for Final Fantasy VII remake.  I couldn't be happier.  The fact that they are finally remaking a classic property means that a new or reimagined Chrono is a very real possibility.  Honestly, Chrono was probably the second most asked for property after FF7 in that survey Square-Enix did a while back, and that is not something the company will ignore.

If no true Chrono update or sequel is announced this year, there is always next year.  Remember that the current generation of consoles is likely to be a long one, like generation 7 was.  Personally, I think they might be thinking about something major for the 25th anniversary in 2020.  That would give them plenty of time to make the game we've always wanted.

Nii

• Iokan (+1)
  • I've traveled this far wandering the abyss of time
    • View Profile
    • Imoutorave
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:13 am »
Made this account because, despite being a constant lurker and fan of the series for god knows how long, this hype video got me so excited for the slight possibility of anything Chrono related. I'm so hype for new Chrono music more than anything, and of course maybe some more lore explaining how Cross and Trigger align. If it is just another port to 3ds or a Cross port I might get super sad and just go amish due to the fact another game won't come out. Q.Q