Author Topic: Chrono Trigger spiritual successor  (Read 1290 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger spiritual successor
« on: June 01, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »
With the sudden rise in spiritual successors (Yooka-Laylee, Mighty No. 9, Bloodstained, Axiom Verge, etc) I think it would be the perfect opportunity to make a spiritual successor to Chrono. I've been burying myself deep in Unreal Engine 4, and I think I know enough about the Blueprint system and their Paper2D mode to try and make this happen. However, I don't believe I can do spriting that well, so I'm looking for assistance in that area.

I remember seeing a Chrono remix on YouTube playing over 2.5D gameplay footage (HD sprites and a 3D environment) which I thought looked pretty sweet. I was hoping to model the environments in 3D, with high def 2D sprites just like that. I don't want to divulge story or characters because they're still being thought up and I don't want my idea stolen. Cross platform will be attempted, but as far as Mac goes, I need a Mac to build for that platform or iOS, so I need someone trustworthy with said computer in that regard when the time comes. Android, too, is a possibility but I'm not fond of touch controls, so I'd need testers telling me what's up.

TL;DR:

- HD 2D sprites in 3D environments
- Original battle system that borrows concepts from other games