Author Topic: 20th Anniversary Update: Phase II  (Read 4872 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
20th Anniversary Update: Phase II
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:14:26 am »
Welcome to the remix update! The big news this week is that Square Enix is running a poll about their future direction, including questions about what game they should develop next. Find the poll here and type in Chrono Break! Between "FF7 Remake" and whatever else we might expect, a Chrono sequel ought to rank high in the results list. Go for it!

[OTHER STUFF]  We've become aware of a Squaresoft DVD issued as a promo item in 2000 to show off the PS2's 5.1 surround sound capabilities. It featured two Chrono Cross cutscenes remastered in 540p. Check out more information on the merchandise page here[MRT]  I've prioritized the items on Material Requiring Translation to hopefully let us burn down the pecking order. Check it out above the table of contents here[TODO LIST]  The Great To-Do list has been updated with a pecking order for the items; check it out here in case you can help.  [CHRONO TRIGGER 2]  I've created a page specifically for the CT 2 promo video that's long been rumored but never found; check it out here. It goes without saying that finding this video would be the single most important thing to happen to the fandom this side of the decade.

[REMIXES]  [ 'Another Termina' by axemred ][ 'At the Bottom of Night Draft 1' by Sauraen ][ 'ChronoNet 7' by jordanrooben ][ 'Corridors of Time (Cover)' by Koreldyre ][ 'Cosmic Whispers' by DrumUltimA ][ 'Cronohutt' by Ailsean, flik ][ 'Crow Note Rigger' by bryface ][ 'Cruisin'' by Ivan Hakštok ][ 'Death Lives' by Brandon Strader ][ 'Dimensional Breach' by Affettuoso ][ 'Dragon God 16-bit' by Matthew Valente ][ 'Echoes of the Forest' by AeroZ ][ 'Epoch...Become Bird!!' by Juja, Raw Danger ][ 'Frog's Metal Trigger' by GearX2 ][ 'Frog and Crono Drinking Margaritas' by jaxx ][ 'Funk Gang Johnny' by Gercr ][ 'Goodbye, Schala' by valence ][ 'In the Green Gloom' by Argle ][ 'Jewel of Enhasa' by Omni-Pysence, TeraCMusic ][ 'Kingdom of Magic' by Argle ][ 'Left My Body in Another World' by M-H ][ 'Lost in Time' by XPRTNovice, urdailywater ][ 'Masamune' by Brandon Strader ][ 'Master Mune' by jaxx ][ 'Notes from a Small Island' by JJT ][ 'Oh, Traveler from an Arcane Land' by Homeslice ][ 'Remember the Time (MJ Mashup)' by DJYuzoboy ][ 'Secret of the Forest' by Milesssy ][ 'The Scars of Time' by vince94 ][ 'The World Needs Schala' by Sir_NutS ][ 'Time Flies Like a Dream' by Ivan Hakstok ][ 'Way' by Shipluss ][ 'Winter Travel is a Trial' by Brandon Strader ]

[CELESTIA 12]  [ 'Corridors of Time' by nagisa ][ 'Corridors of Time Celestia12 Ver.' by tsuru ][ 'Robo Gang Johnny' by Orphe Knights ][ 'Schala DarkMellow Step Remix' by Heglar ][ 'Silbird -Wings Across Time-' by Kou Ogata ][ 'Slow Starter Gonzalez' by matchi ][ 'FATES' by Sui ]

[VGMIX]  I've trawled the final archival torrents of VGMix 1 and VGMix 2 for remixes the Compendium might have missed. The haul is in!  [VGMIX 1]  [ 'Another World Remix' by kLuTz ][ 'Belthasar's Theme' by Billysk8R ][ 'Belthasar's Theme Sealed Door' by Noct ][ 'Chronological Healing' by Bitmap ][ 'Crono's Tears' by disturbed ][ 'Friendly Happy Robot' by mellogear ][ 'Hip-Hoppin to 600AD' by JonathonStriker ][ 'HP/MP fully recharged...' by disturbed ][ 'Insomnia Cathedral' by shiningforce ][ 'Leaving the Body' by gutzalpus ][ 'Memories of Green' by funkymuskrat ][ 'Resurfacing Evil' by Suzumebachi ][ 'Schala's Theme' by kendri ][ 'Secret Forest Scenic Route' by Gemineye ][ 'The Fall of Zeal (Piano Arrangement)' by SonicBlade ]

[VGMIX 2]  [ '8-bit Cyan in 600AD' by smh ][ 'Chrono's Ethereal Echoes' by Leif ][ 'Frog's Theme CleanAcoustic Jazzy Piece' by maxguitarhero ][ 'Millennial Fair' by Sukotto42 ][ 'The Girl with Starlit Eyes' by Geoffrey Taucer, Level 99 ]

[DOUJINS]  [ Military Tune ][ Game Cues by Ojisan Mado ][ Super Famicom BEST by EtlanZ ][ PSXX by Shiryu ][ SQ Swing ][ Square Enix Music Sampler CD Vol. 9 ][ Kazu SQ Non-Stop Mix -S- ][ VIDEO GAMES LIVE - LEVEL 3 ][ Super VG Christmas Party! ][ GENTLE LOVE - Prescription for Sleep - Game Music Lullabies ][ Blake Robinson - Chrono Trigger Symphony ][ Chrono Trigger Remastered by Pedro Castillo (full soundtrack) ][ Radical Dreamers Remastered by Pedro Castillo (full soundtrack) ]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:55:54 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Re: 20th Anniversary Update: Phase II
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15:41 am »
Still need to upload Pedro Castillo's CT and Radical Dreamers thing, as well as prioritize Material Requiring translation. I'll do that tomorrow night and edit this post.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:17:10 am »
Completed the survey.

The modification page link is giving me a page not found error.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:08 am »
Hah, whoops; that was going to be phase III. Forgot I pasted it with the other stuff.

MoliereS2

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »
I would be super happy to see a new CT game come  :o

Hey zeality, i never post here on the forum but once in a while i come here to read some Chrono stuff. Thanks for you and all others that worked hard to build this solid fanbase.

Yoon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Y-Corner
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:11:20 am »
The 20th anniversary updates are looking great... looking forward to the phase III update!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:54:07 pm »
Great to see these updates!

In regards to the SE survey, I did manage to take it - I found it very interesting that they actually had CT as one of the possible choices for which the fans would want to see more of in the future (I also saw Secret of Mana). Strangely enough, not even Chrono Cross was among that predetermined list.

Possibly a hint of what's to come if enough support is raised?