Author Topic: The Field  (Read 4837 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Field
« on: July 29, 2005, 02:38:39 pm »
I was just wandering, what defines what colors will be on the field in the begining of the battle?

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:41:28 pm »
which game are you talking about?
on CT their is no field so ill go with CC, does the field not represent the area in which you got into the fight?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 05:47:44 pm »
Quote from: kazmaka
which game are you talking about?
on CT their is no field so ill go with CC, does the field not represent the area in which you got into the fight?

I don't think ao, because sometimes you'll find colors opposite of that area's attribute.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 05:51:33 pm »
any chance you could give an example  :roll: , does this only happen in certain areas?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 05:54:02 pm »
any chance you could give an example  :roll: , does this only happen in certain areas?

You think I remember specific cases? I don't really look on the field until I need to summon...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 06:05:46 pm »
:shock: okay so youve noticed the field being diferent to the area you started the fight in, but you have no evidence of any sort to back this, of which the only way you could identify the situation would be if someone else had already noticed this flaw and found a logical explanation, maybe you should go back and get some evidence of this, but this most likely take a while and be for practically no reason.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 06:07:29 pm »
No reason? Here in the Compendium, if it has something to do with Chrono, there is no such term "No reason"!

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 06:11:03 pm »
okay!  :shock: its just it has no relevance to the story or anything really, the field is merely there to make the game look better...

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 06:12:46 pm »
Besides, I found out I was right in two minutes.

Enemy: Vita Unus
Party: Serge, Karsh, Glenn
Field: Green, white, white

And we're talking about an Isle. A landmass surrounded by water. Plus the statues made of stone, and the trees around it. Thus it might be Blue, Yellow, Green, but it's not.

Enough evidence, or do you need more?

In reply to your post: It's important for the Elements, which have weight in the story.

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 06:17:56 pm »
erm well your asking the wrong guy, ive no idea what the sea of eden looks like and what you mean be green white white yellow green yellow, so... yeh your right! this is an atrocity, my god someone figure out what is going on here, maybe the field is just random depending on what zone your in, i mean for instance if your on an island, even if your in the middle of it you could get a field with the beach, does that tie in with what is occuring?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 06:22:46 pm »
Not so much... The SoE Isles are small (Except for Chronopolis, of course),  and there is only one battle that can be fought on one spot, so no, you can't really get a different view... And no matter where you are in a certain zone. If you're in the first screen in Lizard Rock or the second one, you get the same battle screen.

And... If you have no knowledge of CC, why bother answer a question about it? No offense, I just want you to avoid making a fool of yourself. Answer questions of CT, I'm sure you can answer them wisely. But not of something you have no clue of...

kazmaka

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Field
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 06:26:16 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
And... If you have no knowledge of CC, why bother answer a question about it? No offense, I just want you to avoid making a fool of yourself. Answer questions of CT, I'm sure you can answer them wisely. But not of something you have no clue of...

you know what, thats a dam good idea. so you have fun playing cross while i try getting it working properly, then i shall comment to no end on it! yes thats what ill do.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 05:39:41 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past

you know what, thats a dam good idea. so you have fun playing cross while i try getting it working properly, then i shall comment to no end on it! yes thats what ill do.

Commenting to no end about CC is good. :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Field
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 06:15:02 am »
Yeah, kazmaka, if you don't know about CC or the field (although, really Legend, you should have specified what you meant), then you shouldn't have wasted the thread so much.

Although, honestly, I think the magic field is just random when you start er up. Although there are probably safe-guards ensureing that no three-in-a-rows occur...I don't recall ever seeing any...do they happen? I don't remember too well...

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
The Field
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 12:58:39 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Yeah, kazmaka, if you don't know about CC or the field (although, really Legend, you should have specified what you meant), then you shouldn't have wasted the thread so much.

Although, honestly, I think the magic field is just random when you start er up. Although there are probably safe-guards ensureing that no three-in-a-rows occur...I don't recall ever seeing any...do they happen? I don't remember too well...

Not to me... Well, I guess they can program the code to make sure at least one color is different from the other two. Still, random makes sense, but maybe another explanation? I wanna be sure we've looked at this from all  directions.