Author Topic: [Deleted]  (Read 1494 times)

SSJoseph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
[Deleted]
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:47:32 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:01:44 pm by SSJoseph »

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger: After Effect UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:00:24 pm »
This sounds really great, and I wish you the absolute best of luck with your project. If you are worried about recieving a Cease and Desist notice, do not publicize your project too much, or at all if possible. If you finish your project, and unleash it upon the world, it's already out there and Square really can't do much at that point. You should be fine though, as long as you aren't attempting to make money from it in any way.

I am glad to see Slash, Flea and Ozzie in your story, as they are my favorite characters. Don't kill them off too badly. :(

Welcome to the Chrono Compendium, btw. :)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:08:54 pm »
Interesting...and yeah, Chickenlump is right.  DON'T publicize!  I've been beating ZeaLitY with a stick lately about publicizing Crimson Echoes too much. -_-

Personally, I think the story sounds a bit too...I dunno...repeated?  The people-being-tortured thing was confusing but it sounded just a little too cliche that ALL OF A SUDDEN the future is probably gonna be crap again, Zeal never really died and the whole freaking city is back, along with another "version" of Lavos that's basically supposed to be a zillion times stronger.

If you have too many of the familiar images we're used to seeing, people will think you're making a movie of Chrono Trigger, and not a movie-sequel.  To avoid this, you'll want to use some new concepts, such as...maybe Zeal is successful in summoning this new demon without getting her whole kingdom mutilated, and thus the kingdom of Zeal may still be flying in 1000 AD?  Seeing Zeal in 1000 and all the townspeople acting like it's just there and just completely normal...that would be quite a new concept.

Anyway, but hey, your production.  Just my 2 cents. :)  Best of luck to you.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:23:12 am »
Meh, so far as I can tell, the C&D's were only given to people who were doing remakes. Not to mention, I still hold to the fact that the more people that get C&Ds the better! LET SQUARE KNOW WUT'S UP!!!

:P

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 03:45:06 am »
V_T is both right and wrong. Yes, we should let SE know what is happening, but if we do, some of these great games can never be released, so we end up having to see great storylines (not pointing fingers) go to waste.

But dont think im not with you V_T.

:P

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 09:49:31 pm »
Hmm, interesting story. Just make sure you don't contradict anything that happens in Trigger or Cross. I'd help but I am no artist.