Author Topic: Planet image from end of Cross...  (Read 10339 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Planet image from end of Cross...
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 03:44:43 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
I see now, that Jake-A-Roonie! Jake Point plz? :lol:

You get a Jake Point for crackin' me up. :lol:

Don't spend it all in one place! =P

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 03:46:34 am »
Yay, thnx.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 07:22:13 am »
Luminaire85, Capo and Jake-a-Roonie, you all have been deemed worthy of the highest prize that i am allowed to award. The Timeless Honest and Effortful Order of the Holy Chickenphant!
Jolly yourselves and revel in your glory!

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 10:42:42 am »
Ain't it the truth! Oh, um...I mean... 8)

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 07:17:42 pm »
I'm a little disappointed.  After studying this map quite a bit, I'm convinced that it was never intended to match the 1,000 AD world.  Even if one bit here and there match up all right, the placement of the continents is off.  Like, if the central landmass is Choras, and the next one is Medina, then Porre should not lay at the angle it does, nor should Guardia.  That sort of thing.

Personally, I'm taking this image to be a throw-away that wasn't meant to show anything specific/canonical.  It is only on the screen for half a second, after all.  But at least they didn't use a bloody photograph of Earth this time!

The other alternative is one I suggested long ago- that Zenan is only one region of a much larger world, and thus might not be discernable on this map.  I've since dumped that idea myself, though.

As for El Nido's location re: Zenan, Cross makes it plain that Porre is the "power of the east" and Zenan contains the "northern countries" relative to El Nido.  There's wiggle room there, but it suggests to me that El Nido is in the far southern sea between Porre and Choras--a very remote region indeed.

To illustrate, here's an image I posted a long, long time ago:

Anyway, kudos to Jake-A-Roonie for capturing the image!  Thank you!

OdF

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 07:31:10 pm »
Umm, I didn't capture it.  I just modified the one already captured to illustrate how I saw it. :)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 07:37:34 pm »
If you wanted a World Map with El-Nido, there was always this:

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 10:40:40 pm »
well, have in account that in CT, the wold map is topologically toroidical, while any realistic planet should be spherical, as seen in the ending of CC... so some continent relocation should be expected.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 04:44:01 pm »
IMHO, there's too much discrepancies between Jake-A-Roonie's proposed map and what CC states. Porre is supposed to be northeast of El Nido, not totally west of it. El Nido can't be that close to Choras or else Chorasian people would have discovered it way before than Porre in 900 AD, moreover Choras isn't even mentioned once in all CC. There would be no point in having called Mojo's homeland 'Far East' either since the far east would actually be Zenan on this picture.

I'm trying to make something out of the interesting screenshot, but somehow it just seems like El Nido's map put on a sphere to me : the main island is in the center, complete with its forests and mountain ranges and even with Radius' island at the northeast, and the others islands around etc. (it even seems, for example, that the Isle of the Damned is undamned and the Sea of Eden is empty, as they would be in the merged time-line).

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 05:00:44 pm »
...Now THAT would SUCK if that's what they did. >_<

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2005, 05:48:08 pm »
Yeah, I'm looking at the shot from every side but all I can make out is El Nido :/

I remember there's yet another planet map during the ending scene in CT, when the party fly in the Epoch above some Mode7-generated map. That map was pretty weird if I recall correctly, there's were small houses and fragmented lakes and woods all around the lands... Those stuff might have been randomly generated (the Epoch flies for quite a long time but apparently never twice above the same place), if it's not random maybe we can try to make something out of it, althought it might be hard to extract a Mode7 image from the game.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2005, 10:32:00 am »
Ask Chickenlump, or Geiger or Zeality to help you out :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2005, 01:13:32 pm »
Good, good. We have reconciled the world of Chrono Cross with Chrono Trigger. Now, we just have to account for these "other nations."

I should check out that mode7 stuff, but someone might beat me to it.

Dirtie

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2005, 06:55:44 pm »
If someone makes a save state in that "mode 7 bit", I have a little program here that should be able to rip the mode 7 texture directly from the savestate.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Planet image from end of Cross...
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 07:17:08 pm »
If someone's still interested in the topic (or remembers it to begin with), here's what I meant by the El Nido archipelago put on a sphere. The general setup is very, very similar, and some of the unnamed islands or emerging rocks in El Nido even appear on this globe. There are some notable differences though, like the shape of what should be the Water Dragon Isle, or the size of what should be the Earth Dragon Isle... so, I wonder if we'll ever find a definite answer to this topic question.

[attachment deleted by admin]