Author Topic: New Tech Editor  (Read 25805 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: New Tech Editor
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2019, 01:54:27 am »
Question: Is there a way to make Crono's 'Confuse' strikes(total 4x of course) to each deal 9999 damage?

~Z

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2019, 02:51:07 am »
If you change Hit Effect 1, you can do that on a Critical, but not normally without hacking.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2019, 06:30:35 am »
If you change Hit Effect 1, you can do that on a Critical, but not normally without hacking.

This can't be combined with Atom Edge (Zaykyus's Standard of Crono's ULTIMATE Weapon, 255 attack, 64h(100% crit of 9999 damage)...

If I use this will that work? That'd be pretty cool.

Also: is there a way to *dynamically redirect/expand items* with Itemizer yet? I think this'd be cool to do. Meaning, take the 'Pendant' and change it into a Weapon/Armor/Acc./Item Usable/Rare Item/Scrap Item(etc), (not that anyone would typically do this with Pendant, other than Total Conversion Mods where Marle is 'implied to already have it as an item without being an item ...a possibility, or whatever.) ....take Pendant, and Make A FireSword where the 'flags of a weapon, can replace the "base item".

~Z

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2019, 01:05:40 pm »
That weapon's effect should stack.

Changing the item types like that would be a big deal. Each type needs to be in order, and the data size is different based on type.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2019, 03:15:56 pm »
Setting the techs power and modifier to really high numbers should work.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2019, 08:35:49 pm »
Actually, I've found that 'Confuse' does not stack with 9999 damage.

Setting the techs power and modifier to really high numbers should work.

However, I'd like to get around this "issue", so I'll try that.

~Z

C-Dude

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2020, 05:01:14 pm »
Just wanted to say this plug-in is incredible; it's a blast to edit tech animations and adjust some techs that always bothered me (like the character proximity techs that Ayla, Robo, and Magus use).

I think (but am not quite sure) that an unknown target byte value of 02 'reverses' the target, if the attack is meant to target more than one entity.  For instance, if you set that value to 2 with an "around enemy" action like cyclone, Crono will instead hit the enemies that WEREN'T in the target zone.  If no valid target exists, using the tech makes him shake his head and do nothing.

There's also some confusion with the first target option in the pull-down; I'm pretty sure it should be labelled "One PC", because when that unknown byte is set to 0 that's who it targets.  Given its proximity to other PC targets, this seems to make sense.

I ran into one problem with the plug-in, though I'm not sure it's a thing that can be fixed.  If a tech animation object is accidentally moved (usually by drag-and-drop), the paste function ceases to work properly... it drops all of the inputs from each function pasted (so if you're pasting a super command, it'll paste super command 0 instead of whichever one you copied).  This issue persists until Temporal Flux is closed and re-opened.
Editing a tech when this problem has occurred also sometimes corrupts animation data of techs further down the line, but only those that were already customized.  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but I think that data further down the ROM is being overwritten instead of shifted once this copy-paste error occurs.

It's not a big deal, since closing and re-opening the program fixes the issue.

Any which way, wanted to thank you for making something so cool.  If I come up with some interesting animations I'll have to find a way to share 'em with you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:04:19 pm by C-Dude »

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »
It does look like I labeled 00 wrong. I'll check into the targeting values further later.

I should be able to get the paste issue fixed along with a few other fixes soon.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2020, 02:03:09 pm »
I started looking into the unknown targeting byte, but there's a lot to process. I haven't made changes to that part yet.

I haven't looked into the copy/paste issue yet. In the meantime, I've got a new version out.

Hi-Tech Beta 32!

- Fixed a bug with storing damage modifier in effect header.
- Fixed a crash when saving super commands less than 4 bytes long.
- Updated battle data format.
- Fixed a bug with selecting Layer 3 packets.
- Fixed label of PC targeting 00.
- Added support for Rock Tech Requirements

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2020, 02:43:07 pm »
I remember you saying that it's possible to add more duel and triple techs to the game, specifically for Magus, would that require moving all the techs to a larger empty space or is there room at the end?

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2020, 03:18:32 pm »
The animations themselves would be easier to add, but the various support data would require reorganizing things.

- Animations are not in order, and loaded by the Graphics Header. Hi-Tech makes it so these can be added anywhere in the ROM.
- Effect Headers and Performance Groups are not in order, but must be kept together.
- Control Headers, Graphics Headers, Requirements and Targeting data must be in tech order.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2020, 03:51:02 pm »
So assuming I wanted to simply copy all the data from the existing techs and change one byte in each to allow Magus what would I do?

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2020, 04:25:00 pm »

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2020, 09:17:46 pm »
Looking it over I think it's all stuff that's in my skill range, though I'll need you to hold my hand through it. Not right now though, Canadian summers are too short to be hacking.

kefkaroth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2021, 08:07:21 pm »
i dont know if this project is still being worked on but i was thinking for dual techs for magus and robo should be dark plasma and dark gear due to their shadow skills and dark magic and robo shock would be a nice tandem to form dark plasma for a double tech. and maybe a triple tech one for magus,frog and marle would be hexagon mist.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:55:20 am by kefkaroth »