Author Topic: Lavos' power in the Tesseract  (Read 1778 times)

Foolish Boy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Lavos' power in the Tesseract
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:35:14 pm »
Ok, one part of the Chrono series plot that has always baffled me is Lavos' power in the Tesseract. What power does he have in there? Can he still manipulate time and such? How does he become a threat once again? It just seems to me that if he was sent to the Tesseract it's just another form of dying and that there shouldnt be anything he can do. But yet he starts to devour time-space as the Time Devourer and a threat once again.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:58:34 pm »
Personally I think Schala had something to do with it.  Schala was the only thing in the Tesseract that you could say is really "alive," so that was a little bit of energy to feed off of.  A little bit...heh, let me correct myself.  Schala had PLENTY of energy. =P  So their merging had something to do with how he gained power and was able to start munching away at time.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:52:56 am »
Besides the point that the FF was connected to Lavos, so he was able to use it to try and become alive, sucking Chronopolis back to 7600BC. There, it didn't succeed by Dinopolis came into their dimension because it was imbalanced and FATE then sealed the Original Luna Dragon, which was devoured by Lavos through the flame, and only their projections were visable, as the 6 dragons.

Schala was the mighty one keeping Lavos alive till his plan could succeed.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:24:51 pm »
Schala(+) + Lavos(-) = Time Devourer of DOOM!(*)

+=Alive
-=Dead-ish
*=WOAH, WTF >_>

Foolish Boy

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 05:26:09 pm »
yes I understood that. But does it only give him the power to devour time? or can it still do things like control time.

Another thing I dont understand is how he pulled Chronopolis back in time if he was defeated already and erased from the timeline. UNLESS he did this before Crono and friends defeated him in CT, then he should have no power to do that in the Tesseract.

One Last thing is if the pocket dimension theory is true, then when Lavos was defeated all of his effects should have gone with him because he has no more connection with time and any connection that ever happened should be relinquished because Lavos is not in a certain time period. He's in his pocket dimension. I'm discounting the evolution of humans because the frozen flame caused that and that splintered off Lavos so it wasnt with him in his pocket dimension. But I guess I'm more referring to things like Zeal, when Lavos unleashed upon it. If they took out Lavos in his pocket dimension then that disaster shouldnt have happened and a COMPLETELY different outcome of history would occur. (unless they dont fight him in his PD and I'm mistaken, maybe they fought him when he came out of the ground in 1999, which I guess is what happens cause you travel to that time period to fight him. But you seem to be fighting him across time which would include him being in his PD). If this is the latter then just clarify.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 06:28:29 pm »
The FF resonates and is connected with him. He saw a chance, so he took it. Using a bit of Schala's energy, The Counter-Time Experiment was going to take place in Chronopolis. The moment they started it, Lavos started pulling them back through time, luckily he had ran out of power before he could get them far enough. He may have wanted to get them back to 65,000,000BC when he landed, since he wasn't in a pocket dimension for a brief period then.