Author Topic: 20th Anniversary Project  (Read 2326 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
20th Anniversary Project
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:22:34 am »
I know the compendium hasn't been very active as of late but we have a little less than a year before the 20th Anniversary of Chrono Trigger! I think we could all-  (or at least a lot of us) could come together and produce something! Kajar Labs may have been 'raped' by the C&D in 2009 but it's not dead.

I'm not sure if it should be more like Dream splash where many of us produce products from our own talents (fanart, music, fiction writing etc)

Or if we should all come together and push our talents for one single goal. (or whoever is out there lurking. I know you're lurking.)

I vote we all come together and produce - well- something XD

So lets brainstorm.

I'll go first: I'm good at spriteing, painting, and mapping. (and a novice writer)

We need: Writers, artists, those talented with music (composers?  - dammit music is not my forte people - but i do respect you!),  perhaps those good with scripts and code, maybe animators? whatever your talents are - 3D modelers (lets re-design the characters) ,a leader (someone to keep us on course) And more! And some ideas all around.

We could produce:

A work of fiction (novel size?) where we all come together to write, produce ideas, provide fanart for said fiction, provide music for said fiction, etc. (i'll even sprite the main characters) - basically a big mesh of all our talents around the same storyline.

A small/short fan game. (i'll be honest it'd be a miracle to finish a full-fledged fan game of 20 hours plus game play in less than year but its not impossible with the hands of many. - An engine must be agreed upon. - But a small game? Definitely do-able.

A work of flash/ animation (small movie?)

And more that i can't think of right now!

^
|

they are counting on us!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:17:49 pm by TheMage »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: 20th Anniversary Project
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:11:31 am »
There's an idea out there for something, but everyone is too dominated. I'm starting a new job in 2 days that's going to dominate my time in an unreal fashion. On top of that job, I'm still trying to get a difficult international professional certification while study German. Once that certification's done, I plan to get my women's studies degree through distance learning at an actual accredited university...there really is no end to the domination of my time at the moment due to my plan to get to Europe and assure a place in this turbulent age.

I always thought the best way would be to make some kind of system where at least someone could contribute to a project, even if it's mostly dead, so it gets pushed along slowly even in the down periods. But there is just nothing going on, anymore. The community is too dead; the franchise is too stale. There's little influx of interest.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:22:38 pm »
hmm

Yeah it'd be nice if Square Enix could breath new life into the Chrono Trigger series. That'd bring people back in. The community does rather seem well deader than its ever been. :/

Okaaaay maybe a few (or anyone still hanging around who's not too busy) of us could work together to make- something. XD

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »
Maybe one final Dream Splash could work. Or something like Project Zeal. In the past, I'd wanted to do a Radical Dreamers-esque visual novel of sorts. I never got around to finishing the story, however. I'd still like to finish that someday.

I know we don't have many active members left in the Compendium, but I'm willing to help. Count me in, for whatever we do.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »
I'd like to contribute to something.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:13:03 pm »
Huzzah! That makes 3 of us. Plus I'm sure I could rope in a few others to join us if I still have their emails.

So what should we do?

A  Radical Dreamers-esque visual novel sounds really interesting!

I could probably bring Marle in: http://callmemarle.deviantart.com/ and I know a few Chrono Trigger writers/composers who might contribute if I ask them nicely, so there's that.

Something like Project Zeal would work too. I'm SO not the 'leader' type but I really want something done for the anniversary. So what would you two like to see and what do you think is plausible with 5-8 of us? (goal number(s) once I recruit some people)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:25 pm »
Gah, I'd really like to see another small mission / game.

I know that Kajar labs is off-limits for producing interactive fan fiction, but damn, I'd give anything to see another Prophet's Guile-length game.

The Misadventures of Tata the Misguided
A short quest of when Tata finds the Hero's Medal and the trouble it causes for him as he finds himself thrust into the limelight of the Mystic War. A few key battles would find Tata thrust into the horrors of war.

The Untimely Timelessness of the Mystic Knights
A surreal adventure in which the three Mystic Knights, post-Chrono Trigger, find themselves leaving the pit of their keep and somehow getting sucked to the Bend of Time.

Balthasar and the Convoluted Journey to El Nido
A one-shot adventure of Balthasar trying to reach El Nido after leaving Chronopolis in 2400AD. Unfortunately, the calibration on the Neo-Epoch wasn't done properly (damn you, nu!) and he ends up jumping off course once or twice, each time a short pitstop somewhere in time.

Time and Space Adventure: The Great Nupocalypse
A nu, a kilwala, and a third ally have an adventure. It would be a play on the Chrono Trigger OVA and would be a short, semi-comical adventure. Perhaps it would be behind the scenes of Chrono Trigger (a la Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead) where we learn just how instrumental these guys were in the REAL plot of Chrono Trigger.

The One-time Youth of Three Old Guru's
Sometime shortly before the Ocean Palace Disaster, the three guru's meet up at their favorite watering hole to drink some good ol' Mammon Cider. They meet a young lad - perhaps the Prophet, perhaps someone else - and recant a few stories about when they were young. A few short chapters, each one telling of a different short adventure. They leave the pub and head to the Ocean Palace, completely unaware that it would be the last time they would meet up together and share a few pints.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:31 am »
Boo seriously all those ideas are amazing that if we put it to a vote i'd have trouble choosing.

I'd loooove to do a Prophet's Guile sized project.

is it off limits? :( I haven't read the C&D in awhile but it didn't exactly ban game making per se. it banned 'ripping and hacking, and teaching others how to do so' And when it requested games to be removed from the site, projects like Lance's were in the clear.

Plus Chrono Shift is still in a Kajar labs thread and I'd consider that productive interactive fan fiction XD

So if a small game/mission were made using another engine that is not the Chrono Trigger rom it should be do-able.

Of course a part of me would love to make a game like Prophets Guile in the same. . . format as Prophets Guile. But that can't be done on this site.  :wink:

Sooooo time to brainstorm. If we want to do a small game we need to think of an engine to use unless some of us are very tech savvy.

There are of course all the RPG maker engines (how many are there? 2003,XP,VX, Ace?)

There's Gamemaker.

And i'm sure there are other engines we can use that im just not thinking of.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:12:28 am by TheMage »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »
Those who are interested in helping, PM me. Stuff's starting to go down.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:06 pm »
BUMP -

Looking for any spriters, writers, artists, composers, consultants, tech savy (coding) peeps, etc etc. :)

PM Boo the Gentleman Caller

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »
BUMP -

Looking for any spriters, writers, artists, composers, consultants, tech savy (coding) peeps, etc etc. :)

PM Boo the Gentleman Caller

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 07:59:11 pm »
BUMP -

PM TheMage