Author Topic: Triple Tech  (Read 5502 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Triple Tech
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:57 pm »
I've talked it over with them, at this stage in the community's lifespan—with the Compendium dying and Triple Tech empty—we've agreed to move ROM hacking information back to the Compendium.

Fan projects won't be supported, of course. But at this point, with the Chrono fandom entering a deep freeze, it's of value to try and keep everything as consolidated as possible. The monuments we built will remain of use to passerbys and new generations of fans, and we'll ensure that no discoveries will ever be lost again.

So this is just a discussion thread if anyone has input on the move. It's a shame things are so fragmented, as I was really digging Triple Tech's layout and modus. But we feel it's for the best to reunite the tribes.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Tech
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:00:38 am »
If Sony can sue Geohot over a how-to, isn't doing this going to give Square's lawyers a boner?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:54 pm »
I suppose the site only ever truly became a target with the hosting of actual fan projects. Heaven knows every traditional fansite violates copyright in thousands of ways already (unlicensed remixes, art scans, even our interview scans of guides and publications, like Ultimania). But that was the kicker.

Honestly, the community's small enough now that I don't think it'd even be raised on the radar.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:52:12 pm »
I salute you. I think this is a wise move. This place, as empty as it is, is the last beacon of all things Chrono.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:52:19 am »
It's good to be back. :) At some point I'll organize my tech research enough to post a new topic on it.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:56 am »
this is a good decision.

it's nice to see this place is still around, even if it's slowed down considerably. but, with years going by, and nothing being added to the franchise, it's inevitable I guess.

at the very least, this site can be a beacon for all things chrono, even if it's like the lamppost at the end of time. there's a ton of info and ideas (which I've made a few contributions to) and it should stick around.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:42 pm »
HELL YES --

and I didn't even know about Triple Tech huh
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:14:50 pm by TheMage »

chrono12

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 07:41:52 pm »
I'm from Brazil comrade, unfortunately the chrono trigger scene is cooling down.