Author Topic: Radical Dreamers Satellaview Tsushin article  (Read 5135 times)

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Radical Dreamers Satellaview Tsushin article
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »
The SNES programmer and disassembler lytron went through the trouble of buying 5 of the rare and expensive Satellaview Tsushins from Yahoo Japan which he will scan and upload in the next months. For the time being, he already photographed some articles of big interest. Included are an article of Radical Dreamers and a screenshot of a Chrono Trigger scene which didnt make it to the final game a screenshot of a undumped Chrono Trigger Satellaview magazine.

Check them out here:
http://pantalytron.com/blog7.php/the-world-of-satella-tsushins
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:11:18 pm by ChronoMoogle »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
I can't remember, but are 6 Nus ever fought inside one of the Gurus secret chambers, like the one in Enhasa? It seems to be the Zeal tileset.

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
It seems like this is indeed a hidden room in the final game, so the screenshot is no beta-exclusive material. lytron already updated his article because of that.
Anyway, the Radical Dreamers article might still be of interest :)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Re: Radical Dreamers Satellaview Tsushin article
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:49:36 am »
Yeah, that thing is worth its weight in gold. Crazy to even think of there being such a thing as a Radical Dreamer interview or special.

wizzy0807

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:36:08 pm »
The very fact that there was a Satellaview Tsushin is amazing!

Radical Dreamers may not have had the same popular impact as the Chrono games, but it was not *completely* swept under the rug by Square. Chrono Trigger Perfect Bible begins with a two page spread "Chrono Trigger the History", which features a blurb about Radical Dreamers, placing it squarely in the timeline beginning with Chrono Trigger SNES in 1995 up to the DS release in 2008. This inclusion begs the question, of course, of why it was not included as a bonus feature in later collections. It's a tease to tell readers about a game that's incredibly hard to acquire. The blurb dutifully ends with a note that "Super Famicom Satellaview service has ended", just to remind readers "Don't come looking for this".

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:39:43 pm »
Yeah. There are still some actual cartridges that had Radical Dreamers downloaded onto them in Japan floating around back when the service was still active (I think ChronoMoogle may actually have one if I'm not mistaken). One of the biggest collector's items around.

I really need to get my Chronopolis watch, but I can't even find it on American auction sites anymore.

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
Also, as I just figured out, this screenshot must be a undumped Chrono Trigger Satellaview magazine. It got the typical border of those virtual mags with the buttons which show how to navigate through the magazine around it.

I updated the news accordingly.

If you want to know what I mean, check out my recent dump of Tora no Chou Ooana 2 4/7 about Rudra no Hihou...
http://superfamicom.org/blog/2013/06/new-rom-dump-is-so-cheesy-and-totally-square-who-delivered/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:16:05 pm by ChronoMoogle »