Author Topic: It's been a while.  (Read 4068 times)

ShogunSlug

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
It's been a while.
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:48:46 pm »
My last visit here was under an account called "Laith" or "Belaith." I had several accounts before that. They are all banned accounts due to my immaturity and disruptive behavior. I have created this new account to actually be a part of the Chrono community this time. As the years have gone by I have made some major life changes. They involved taking on massive responsibilities and understanding that I am no longer a child and should not behave as such. In fact, I am having a child and children cannot raise children.
With all of this being said, it will not make up for my previous behavior. All I can offer is a sincere apology to the forum moderators, administrators, and members. Zeality will probably be quick in banning me. If that is the case then I hope that my apology can at least be accepted. I'm willing to contribute to this community rather than disrupt it. The Chrono series and fanbase is dying slowly and I would like to be here in it's last breath.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:45 pm »
Welcome back, Laith. Long time no see.

Welcome back to the ghost town. The Chrono fan community is slowly chipping away. You'll see it's much quieter around these parts these days. Damn shame.

ShogunSlug

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »
I noticed that it's been really quiet around here. It really is a shame.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:19:05 pm »
Hey, Laith. I never knew ye. But welcome back, and make yourself at home.

Btw, where's your avatar from? It looks familiar.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:21:09 pm by Kodokami »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:32:52 am »
Hello there. Don't think I knew you either, but welcome back anyway!

ShogunSlug

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »
I originally joined around 2006 and have been on and off the forums until around 2010. The only people here who would probably remember me would be Faustwolf, Ramsus, Zeality, Fafnir, and Boo.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »
We all change and grow. Welcome back.

ShogunSlug

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:02:38 am »
Thank you, sir.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 03:36:26 am »
Hello there! Pretty sure I remember you. I was mostly a lurker back in those days. Welcome back. :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »
Whoa-hoh, talk about a blast from the past! I imagine there's nothing like parenthood to make someone step up to the plate -- I'm heartened that you see it that way, Laith, and I think your realization puts you ahead of many others who are raising children. The road ahead isn't easy, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope all of us here will do our very best to make this a decent world for your young'un to grow up in.

ShogunSlug

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:42 am »
Thank you very much. It's going to definitely be a wild ride. I know of too many people who would have children and want nothing to do with them. I figure if you're man enough to have a child, you're man enough to take care of it. With that being said, I'm going to do my best to give him everything I didn't have.

On a different note.. it's good to see that you're still here and active. I was hoping this place didn't completely die.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 03:47:34 pm »
I remember you quite well. xD You may (or may not) have been rude to some people, and perhaps even untrustworthy, but the only thing I seem to remember about you is that -- especially in IRCs -- you made me laugh a heck lot! In fact, maybe it's because you were still pretty considerate; at least, I personally never felt you being any disrespectful towards me. But if you were, it's great to see stepping up and thinking through things, being more conscious of your life, and everyone else's lives around you, because whether or not you're coming from a harsher past, the mere act of trying to be more AWARE than you already are just makes you... Superhuman!

And if you truly are Superhuman, then I'd like to see your kid looking up to you quite like the blue-hero! :D The "ideal guy" that kid would want to be growing up.

Either way, welcome back! Ooh, and CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A DADDEH! Tell your kid Be-Laithed Happy Birthday! Hahaha... see what I did there? Hahaha...

......Okay, am I the only one who hasn't grown up yet around here? D: