Author Topic: Hello Compendium, I come with an offering :)  (Read 2515 times)

johnnykrad

• Iokan (+1)
  • The 3rd
    • View Profile
Hello Compendium, I come with an offering :)
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:29:10 am »
I'm an indie game developer with a passion for jRPG's. Working on reviving the lost ATB era love. This is my current project which you might find of some interest. This is a still of a scene from the alpha of my take on the lost third part of the Chrono line.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Compendium, I come with an offering :)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 05:40:41 pm »
This is fantastic! So this game will not be "Chrono" but a game that follows the original formula? This may sound like a stupid question, but have you ever thought of contacting SE to give you permission? I just wouldn't want you to get a C&D for something of this nature, even if it's under a different name.

Maybe we should move this to the news section so more people can see exactly what you are doing. Perhaps we could interview you in the near future about your prospects, goals, and ambition :)

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »
Don't, under any circumstances, contact Squeenix to ask permission for anything. They will likely forbid you even if they have no legal standing to do so. Stay under their radar as much as you can, be very careful not to violate their trademarks, and good luck.

johnnykrad

• Iokan (+1)
  • The 3rd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »
I have no intentions of contacting SE for any sort of matter just because I don't want them ibterferrig or monitoring my project. By all means we can move this discussion to the news section. I wanna keep the hope for Chrono alive and everyone's support is a strong gesture for me to push this project through :) sorry for the reply delay folks been busy with the day job since I need better equipment to move along with the project. More updates soon.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 02:06:23 am »
Your work looks amazing! So jealous!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »
Good stuff, man, good stuff!