Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 2174 times)

intrigant

• Iokan (+1)
  • Introvert
    • View Profile
Hello...
« on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:35 pm »
I've been lurking this site for years but yeah, I'm intrigant. My hobby is drawing, playing games, and being rather quiet.

Having nobody to talk to about Chrono Cross on many sites, I decided to join here to actually be able to. I know I might be 13 years too late to the party but ha ha, I don't know. Chrono Cross is a game I really care about, but if there isn't much stuff to talk about anymore, that's okay. I'm thankful to be here in the first place.

Yeah, my favorite character is Pierre. I know he gets a lot of flak about his attire and what not but I don't know. I just like him and how I can never go on a playthrough without him in my party at all times because I find him a permanent fixture in the game. Ha ha ha, I'm silly...

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 11:21:23 pm »
It's never too late to say, Welcome tot he party, intrigant!

It's true that we haven't had much Chrono to talk about in recent years, and our activity has declined because of that, but we still have discussions ignited every once in a while. Don't hesitate to start a new topic, or add to a previous one! We're a pretty open community, so feel free to join the general discussions as well.

And Pierre's great. I usually feel the same way about Fargo and Norris.

A true hero knows fear... And yet while knowing fear, he still has the courage to put up a fight!

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:08:29 pm »
Not much wrong with liking weird characters. After all...

My own favorite in Chrono Cross is Grobyc, though Steena pulls a close enough second. She's the reason why I can understand feet being a sexual thing.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:33 pm »
Yeah, the Compendium was 3 years late to the party too, so no problem there. Pierre's my favorite, too. He's in the springtime of youth.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »
Welcome to the Compendium intrigant!

It's nice to see someone less than half my age falling in love with the Chrono series. I was not much older than you when Chrono Cross came out...

I remember like it was yesterday... I had been lurking on the Ant forums, and about a week before Chrono Cross was announced (I think with a demo about to come out with Legend of Mana), and the rumor of it's existence was all the buzz. The title had already been leaked, and I remember thinking of "Cross" as the literal cross (which was used to punish criminals long ago). I remember trying to figure out how in the world the cross motif would play a role in the Chrono Trigger mythos. Not long after, the true Chrono Cross announcement was made. The End. :)