Author Topic: A little tease I have...  (Read 1751 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
A little tease I have...
« on: September 12, 2013, 05:53:58 am »
So through means I won't disclose, I manged to extract the contents of my Chrono Cross PSX game disc. I had earlier imported the Time Devourer model into Blender and separated my namesake's sub-model from it intending to study the geometry and learn body topology for games. I decided to go a step further and alter the model into something more fitting, since when I start doing this for a career, I'm likely going to be working on models originally started by another.

I'd like to say I do well at it. Though with more geometry added, I'm guessing this might not be able to be patched back into the game, and I have no intention of doing that either. As you can see, it's also untextured. I'm still new to the concept of marking seams and UV unwrapping, so that's why. Despite the simplicity of the model and the massive editing I did, I feel making available the edited model might end me up in some hot water.

In the future, I do plan to retopologise this edit so that it is technically my own work and for an opportunity to make it more high definition. Nonetheless, here's a screenshot.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: A little tease I have...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:37 pm »
Cool, it's great to see someone approach modeling like a fan-spriter. This would be interesting to see textured someday.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:39:22 pm by FaustWolf »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »
Yeah. I don't know whether or not publicizing the model itself is wise though, seeing as I ripped the original from my game disc, even though in my defense most of it is now my own work I suppose.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:58:21 am »
Here's my effort to retopologise the low poly Harle battle model. Most of these are quad faces and hopefully this is suitable for high def.

FrogsHonor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:36:50 am »
Love that fucking shit!! Like a fucking silver statue of Harle's ass!!!!

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 05:02:58 am »
You ought to check out the new thread