Author Topic: Beam me up, God.  (Read 490 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Beam me up, God.
« on: July 20, 2005, 07:08:39 pm »
James Doohan, a D-Day veteran and the revered actor who played Chief Engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the original Star Trek series died today at 85.  This topic is for all members of the Compendium to pay their respects.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Beam me up, God.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 07:57:58 pm »
I was wondering why they were showing clips of him on the news when I woke up...I just thought he was bitching about being Scotty or something...Well, that sucks...It was always awesome when they would bring older characters into some of the newer Star Trek series somehow (like Scotty in TNG).

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Beam me up, God.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:19:08 am »
Yeah props to scotty. HE was the MAN. i have his autobiography. I should read it over. I grew up watching reruns of TOS so yeah this is a fairly big deal to me.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Beam me up, God.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:13:40 am »
I owe some of my inspiration to become an astronautical engineer to him. Farewell, Mr. Scott.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Beam me up, God.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 09:34:09 am »
Okay, I know I really shouldn't, I mean, heck, I've already read and posted in this thread...But every time I see the thread, I keep thinking that it says "Beat Me Up, God" and at first I'm bewildered and them I'm just plain giggly...then I'm like, "Oh yeah...that Scotty thread...why do I keep doing that?" Just thought I'd share that w/you since it's just past 5:30AM as I post this...