Author Topic: Cash bounties for Material Requiring Translation  (Read 1850 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Cash bounties for Material Requiring Translation
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »
I'm at the point where I'm ready to consider this. It is a shame that MRT still exists. There are complete goldmines of information on the development of the games and probably some amazing plot details in those Japanese interviews, and yet, we're powerless to read or decipher them. Progress is zero.

So perhaps we can set up a cash bounty policy and then seek out damn good amateur translators/video game fans on the net (as the bounty will probably attract some not so good translators, too). I'll look over MRT and see if I can think of a pricing scheme that wouldn't leave me impoverished. So:

• Any advice on bounty prices/the scheme is appreciated
  • Any referrals to sites where amateur translators would hang out/notice the opportunity (ROMhacking.net or this site are even good candidates) would be doubly so

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Cash bounties for Material Requiring Translation
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:33:49 am »
Hmm... I don't know about sites, but I frequent the forums of another game series, and I know of a person or two there that know Japanese, or at least have taken classes of it for a long while. If you think it's fine, I could ask them if they'd be interested on translating some of the stuff.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:23:24 am »
I'm at the point where I'm ready to consider this. It is a shame that MRT still exists. There are complete goldmines of information on the development of the games and probably some amazing plot details in those Japanese interviews, and yet, we're powerless to read or decipher them. Progress is zero.

Perhaps we should designate material by highest priority.

I would be happy to tackle these interviews, but I don't know which ones you are referring to. MRT still has CuteLucca artwork, placing CC lines in the script accurately, adding CC model images in our Encyclopedia, and several other things. Granted all of this is important, but a new structure should be created. This would help let everyone know what's first and foremost Priority 1

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 06:01:02 pm »
MRT still has CuteLucca artwork, placing CC lines in the script accurately, adding CC model images in our Encyclopedia, and several other things.
Are you confusing the Great To-Do List with Material Requiring Translation? The link to MRT's in the upper corner of the site theme.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:24:41 am »
ahh yes! My mistake Vehek.

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes, that's it - I actually have a couple of these done, and if we know what's of the most importance (maybe create a new section or asterisk the ones that should get done before the others), that would be so much more helpful. I would have the Compendium vote for what should be done next, but given the declining participation, I would let those like Z and Faust give direction.