Author Topic: Release date of the Chrono Trigger Satellaview-Specials uncovered  (Read 2217 times)

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Here's my original writeup:
http://superfamicom.org/blog/2013/07/dig-iii-chrono-trigger-bs-specials-naba-chan-and-more/

Release date of
Chrono Trigger Jet Bike Special
Chrono Trigger Character Library
and Chrono Trigger Music Library
is 31. July of 1995.

Source: http://i.imgur.com/67ok6hVh.jpg
and all Famitsus with Satellaview schedules before this one (because they didn't had those titles listed, for verification that this is really the first broadcast)

Of course I textdump and comment the scans, but I also have to give big credit to Benjamin Stevens from Planet Virtualboy who went through the trouble of scanning all schedules from his complete 1995 Famitsu-collection. 1996 and later is well reported on japanese websites, but all schedules from 1995 have been unknown to the public so far.

1995 will also most likely feature so far undocumented Satellaview releases of Seiken Densetsu 3, Terranigma and Romancing Saga 3. Make sure to stop by at Satellablog from time to time to check the latest scan-analysis (or even romreleases).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:40:33 pm by ChronoMoogle »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Release date of the Chrono Trigger Satellaview-Specials uncovered
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »
I don't understand what this is exactly or why it's on the homepage. The way it's written you kind of assume the reader already knows what you're talking about...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
We've never had conclusive release dates for the Chrono Trigger satellaview specials, although we did have one for Radical Dreamers. I'll get the dates added to Wikipedia.

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »
@Bekkler:
This was one of the last unknow "hard" facts about the officially released chrono software. You know, stuff you would write into a game listing: name, system, genre, publisher, developer, regions which got a release, price (this one's kinda redundent on Satellaview games), release date. I could have explained it a little more, you are kinda right about that.

@Zeality:
I also added them to gamefaqs yesterday. I didn't add it to wikipedia though.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:24 am »
Oh cool, new discovery! It's like paleontology, finding facts that blow your mind that were buried there the whole time.
I'm not saying Radical Dreamers spinoff games on Satellaview are fossils, but i AM saying dinosaurs are awesome.