Author Topic: Cube World replicas  (Read 1553 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Cube World replicas
« on: July 13, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »
So there's a new voxel-based MMO out that I think is very innovative. Bought it and gave it a try, making an elf water mage replica of... well...me. The game is pretty much worth the $20, given that it allows single player, LAN, and private servers. Beware though it is currently in alpha testing and there's a lot of bugs, inconveniences and not a lot of features are in yet. http://cubeworldwiki.net

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:27:07 pm by Schala Zeal »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World replicas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:46:11 pm »
I've had my eye on that game. Unlike Minecraft, Cubeworld has all the endless, pixelated RPG adventure I could want ... yet little of the creative world building that Minecraft offers. RPG adventure, or world building? I could just play Terraria, but it being 2D is a big turnoff. I haven't played Cubeworld or Terraria yet (and Cubeworld is, as you said, still in alpha), so I can't make any definitive arguments.

To those who have tried these games (or other similar games), which do you prefer?

I gotta say, I do like the character creator of Cubeworld  (much like 3D Dot Game Heroes). You made Schala! And I've seen that a sword-wielding frog is one of the default races...

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:35 am »
Yep, I made Glenn too... but shoulder armor makes him pretty bulky. I'm thinking this:

Schala - elf water mage w/ bracelets
Glenn - frogman berserker warrior w/ 2h sword
Magus - elf fire mage w/ staff, optional cat pet named Alfador (probably will change with more classes/races coming)
Crono/Serge - human ninja rogue w/ longsword
Marle - human water mage w/ wand or ranger w/ crossbow
Lucca - human sniper ranger
Azala - lizardman fire mage w/ bracelets, optionally hacked to have saurian (otherwise untameable) pet named Tyrano
Ayla - human berserker warrior w/ greatmace or assassination rogue w/ iron fists
Cyrus - human berserker warrior w/ 2h sword
Ozzie - orc fire mage w/ bracelets
Flea - elf fire mage w/ bracelets
Kid - human ninja rogue w/ daggers
Dalton - human fire mage w/ bracelets
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:52:27 am by Schala Zeal »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:46:17 am »
I haven't played the game, but I hope you post more pictures of Chrono characters once you make them.  Your Schala is pretty neat.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »
I had to delete and remake her because some hack-cheater on multiplayer was messing up everyone's stats