Author Topic: Frozen Flame at the Dead Sea  (Read 2098 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Frozen Flame at the Dead Sea
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »
In the Chrono Cross "Missing Piece" artbook, there is a sketch of Leene's Square as it appears in the Dead Sea. However, you can also see the Frozen Flame floating behind Nadia's bell quite clearly.
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4319/1001672iz.jpg

Compare to the art actually used in the game, in which you can only see a sunset (or perhaps the Frozen Flame itself veiled in its own light).
http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/9/91/Nadias_bell_ruin.png

I thought this was interesting.

~~~
For the sake of discussion, could the Frozen Flame be responsible for the Dead Sea being "frozen?" Similar to how the Chrono Trigger froze time in order for Crono to be saved.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Flame at the Dead Sea
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
I think that depends. What do we already know about what the Frozen Flame is capable of?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »
For a long while I thought it was only due to the nature of both futures being condensed together in a single area.... though on the other hand, perhaps the Flame may have had a hand about it. It's certainly there alright, or heavily implied at least, considering Miguel's dialogue.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 01:32:43 am »
Ah, that's good. It was always taken for granted that the flame was there in the Dead Sea, as this was required to validate the dialogue and plot. But this adds helpful proof. I'll upload the scan to Frozen Flame and Dead Sea on the encyclopedia.