Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 52296 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)
« Reply #600 on: January 16, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »
Fixed a few more text bugs and fixed a couple memory variables.  The EOT2 is now 100% fixed and working.  The DD's area is slowly being worked on and hopefully when everythings setup, I can get that setup and record a video for everyone.

I'm still baffled on how to fix that damn palette bug as well...That seems to be the only remaining one atm.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 16, 2009, 03:48:28 pm »
Is the rest of the ROM basically built now with the exception of the Dream Devourer? I'll get on that next thing I do if so.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 16, 2009, 04:06:36 pm »
Pretty much.  I just have to move events here and there just to add a 1 line thing.  The place I listed in the other thread is perfectly fine for the DD.  I'll just make sure to put the new events around x500000 or so.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 16, 2009, 04:46:00 pm »
Double post, but I think I know how to have Schala's sprite appear on the Dream Devourer perfectly.

I tested something out on the rom and used the Macabre as the test subject.  I set EVERYTHING of his to 0, Life Damage Hit everything.  I then set him to static and placed him next to a random enemy in Guardia Forest.  Ends up being, if everything's set to zero and Static, the enemy will stay in battle but cannot be hit and will not be affected by spell graphics =]

Edit: - Schala Side Run
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:44:33 pm by justin3009 »

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 16, 2009, 06:20:44 pm »
Sweet, great job. Save portrait looks good. I'm loving how quickly this is coming along! :D I was expecting it to take way longer. You're doing an excellent job, guys! :)

And cool, finally figured out how they did that? Sweet. Just make sure to use the more accurate translation. Can't wait until you're finished with the DBT! :D

Then the real pain starts though... :/ (8th Character Patch... -_-)

Schala side run looks good, Justin. Although I still question how she can manage to fight in that flowing robe... o_O I like how you make it look like she's walking quickly instead of running, though, like mav said. Fits her character and makes sense, given her attire.

(Oh, and is it possible to make the battle screen use the new font? That'll give you a whole lot more room... It'll probably be helpful for the CT+ crew, too, since they're planning on breaking the 999 HP/99 MP limit. Also useful if you plan on using the CTDS names for stuff)

P.S. This probably isn't the right place to ask this, but for Chrono Trigger: Ultimate Edition, is it possible to put a Bestiary/Music Player/etc. in the menu, like in CTDS? I really liked those features, I'd like to wonder if it's possible to add them.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 16, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »
That would require a ungodly amount of ASM Hacking which no one here is that experienced.  And no, we tried getting the battle to use the same font as the menu but we just don't know how to do that either.  Otherwise, would have done that by now D:

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 16, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »
*turns dewey eyes from corner towawrd room*

So uhh...I'm almost done with my silly thing for a friend and was wondering what's all left here?  Basically, if you need a HEX jam done or something, I'm useless as can be.  But if you need some events done or something, I'd love to help anywhere I could.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 16, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »
@ Justin: Aw, that sucks. :( You won't be able to get some of the revised DS names in there, then... :( Still, though, call me optimistic or dumb or whatever, but I wonder if it is possible, somehow... CTDS managed to do it... (Though that was on DS and they had direct access to the source code...)

And what's ASM...?

@ Shee: Glad to have you aboard. For now, it's almost done, though once the 8th Character is finished, we'll need a ton more events.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:12 pm »
Nice!  Just keep me updated on anything you'd like etc etc etc

I do not own a DS or any emu/ROMs for it...nor am I going to pick any up for a hot minute, is that ok?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 16, 2009, 07:56:39 pm »
Wait, what?  You mean Item and Tech names in battle?  Oh, that's done already.  I was talking about monster names xD

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 16, 2009, 09:13:39 pm »
Sweet! I was talking about the entire menu though, monster names and stats... :/

I wonder why no one's been able to find out a way yet...? Hm. I'm EPIC FAIL at coding, though, so I wouldn't know a thing...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #611 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:22 pm »
I'm still baffled on how to fix that damn palette bug as well...That seems to be the only remaining one atm.
What exactly is the palette bug?

And everything looks and sounds like it's coming along swimmingly.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:41 pm »
Belthasar and Janus's palette are fucked up because Schala NPC doesn't appear and I've tried making her appear on a specific event but she refuses to appear whatsoever

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 21, 2009, 08:45:30 pm »
Gah!  Sorry about not working on this guys!  I got lost into the 7th letter for some odd reason.  Plus there were final exams and whatnot...Plus some real life issues I'm working out a bit >_<

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 22, 2009, 08:29:28 am »
Don't worry, Real Life >>> Internet Life. I don't mind.

But, uh, do you know why you can't use the VWF for the stats in the menu? Are they hard-coded or something? Is it at least possible to change "POW." to "STR." and whatnot?